How to introduce someone to AIO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

How to introduce someone to AIO

Anyone have any tips on how to introduce Adventures in Odyssey to someone who has never heard of it before?
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I recommend sticking an iPod with all the best episodes on it under their pillow and plugging in the earbuds while they sleep so that they subliminally start liking it. \:D/

Like with any recommendation, I think it depends on who the person is and why you think they'd like it. What does this person enjoy in the things that they watch, read, or listen to?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Helios
Butter Pecan

I would start quoting the comical parts, especially the ones that your friend will find funny. In fact, quote lots and lots of it! All the time! Create entire conversations revolving about AIO quotes! :D
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I always played them for the little boy I was a nanny for. He never really had a choice ;) After a while he loved them.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

This newspaper on the ToO addresses this very question: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=34729 :P
Last edited by Miss Friendship on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Long, boring car rides are a good way to introduce AiO! I've hardly met a person who was forced to listen to Odyssey who didn't become obsessed over the first few episodes!
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Yeah, it all depends on what you think they would like. If they are older, maybe stick with the more mature/serious episodes (or even the historical/biblical stories) for starters. If they are younger, then they might like the "day in the life" episodes (particularly, the more humorous ones).

Oh, and now, another great way to introduce someone to Odyssey would be telling them about the free 14 day trial the Odyssey Adventure Club is offering. :yes: With that, you could easily suggest episodes they should listen to. Or have them start from the beginning and discover the show for themselves.

>> http://oaclub.org/freetrial <<
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

That's true, snubs. The first episode I listened to was All The Difference In The World,then I listened to The Mortal Coil and got hooked.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: