30th Birthday Bash

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

30th Birthday Bash

In this latest blog post from The Odyssey Scoop we learn that the 30th birthday bash will take place on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas. Sure, that's where Mary Barclay wanted to go for vacation, but this whole thing sounds weird to me. Maybe things are evolving and this is the next site of the ToO or SS convention.
Breaking News: Mickey and Minnie Mouse to get relationship advice from a devout Christian with national security clearance.

What do you think of this new live show approach?
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

...Well, I think it would be an interesting opportunity, I've heard of Christian organizations doing this before. It'll probably attract attention from nonbelievers on board, stirring an interest in Focus' work. Yet I'm surprised Disney would endorse an openly Christian program and allow for events hosted by Focus, which seems a bit strange but like a good marketing strategy.
Are the Disney characters actually going to be featured in a live show episode?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

It seems odd to me. I'm honestly surprised that either focus or Disney would work with each other, and that Focus would do a cruise? Seems like they aren't reaching their target audience with this one, only richer people will be able to attend, I know my family won't be.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Same here, Belle. :x
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh yes...I hadn't thought of the price :oops: ...with a large family, my family wouldn't think of going...my mom also hates being on a boat.

It is an strange idea, I don't mean to sound rude but couldn't they have chosen a venue more accessible for fans?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I love Disney and Focus but together is just plain weird!!
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Now I'm just wondering how AIO characters mesh with Disney characters—like, say, Tangled, but with Eugene and Katrina:

"Miss Blondie—"

"Katrina."

"Yes, that. Don't you think that it would be far more practical to simply remain in your tower, where you will be safe and secure from—"

"Don't you think it would be far more practical to lead me to those lanterns after I've already knocked you unconscious with a frying pan twice?"

"Fair point."

Or like, Jason and -insert your own love interest here- as Shang and Mulan, and the best compliment Jason can come up with is "You fight good"?

Or Frozen with Regis Blackgaard as Elsa and Edwin as Anna?

"My dear twin brother, would you create a snowman with me, perchance?"

"No, but I would be partial to using my magic powers to conquer the world and subjugate its people under my icy fist."

"What?"

"What?"
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

TigerShadow, you have me laughing out loud. :lol:

That was my question as well, I do like parodies but I would hate if Mickey or Minnie starred in the show :| .
Also, Regis singing Let it Go would be beautiful, Professor Bovril could be Marshmallow, right?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

No, no, no—Jellyfish as Marshmallow. \:D/ Rodney could be Olaf. (They're equally annoying.) -hides-

Professor Bovril could be like, the head of the trolls or something. Philip Glossman could be the Duke of Weselton (because who else would it be?). Shakespeare could be Kristoff (obviously without the romantic aspects; it's funnier to just have him desperately trying to think happy thoughts as the world slowly collapses around him). Richard Maxwell could be Hans, but it's actually all a huge misunderstanding because he's trying to stop Regis's world takeover, and once Edwin learns the truth, his "act of true love" is for Maxwell to take Regis into custody. (His temporary freezing position involves him draping himself dramatically over a rock while holding a skull that he pulled out of nowhere.)
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

LOL, Tigershadow! Especially the Frozen one. :lol:
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

"The Bahamas!?"
"Yes, George, you said when the kids were old enough we'd go the Bahamas."

I don't see much of an SS or ToO meet up happening on a Disney cruz ship, sounds a bit pricey as people have noted. Disney and AIO together makes sense though, Odyssians are generally Disnerds one some level. Veggietales is already taken by Dreamworks and Netflix. What's the next biggest thing? AIO. I am a bit surprised aio is big enough to catch the eye of Disney but it's really not all that niche anymore, it has a pretty sizable following. I'm annoyed I probably shan't be able to go but I love the idea.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be awesome if we could go? A cruise and Disney and the Bahamas and a live show and hanging out with other Soda Shoppers? Yowza!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

It would be so awesome to meet other Soda Shoppers ! :)
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:No, no, no—Jellyfish as Marshmallow. \:D/ Rodney could be Olaf. (They're equally annoying.) -hides-

Professor Bovril could be like, the head of the trolls or something. Philip Glossman could be the Duke of Weselton (because who else would it be?). Shakespeare could be Kristoff (obviously without the romantic aspects; it's funnier to just have him desperately trying to think happy thoughts as the world slowly collapses around him). Richard Maxwell could be Hans, but it's actually all a huge misunderstanding because he's trying to stop Regis's world takeover, and once Edwin learns the truth, his "act of true love" is for Maxwell to take Regis into custody. (His temporary freezing position involves him draping himself dramatically over a rock while holding a skull that he pulled out of nowhere.)
Are you mocking my favorite Movie? "Gasp" But I would love to go :inlove:
Proud K.R.E Member
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I totally agree, Belle. I was really hoping to go to the 30 birthday bash, but since it is on a cruise ship, much less a Disney cruise (My parents don't like Disney. The Disney movie I have ever seen the whole way through is frozen), I really doubt we will go.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

AuntKate wrote:The Disney movie I have ever seen the whole way through is frozen)
Ouch, I'm sorry that is the only Disney movie you've seen. It wouldn't have been the one I would have picked to show you what Disney is like.

I'm sad that we haven't heard any news about any other Anniversary Bash things. I was hoping there would be /something/ else. :/
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Thanks! My parents decided that we would watch that when it came out, and they were kind of disappointed. I would like to see the new Cinderella...
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

You know to me it just sounded like Focus booked a Disney cruise ship, not that there was a deep connection between the two companies.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Well, yes, but it's more fun this way. ;)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

lol true!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I'll be going!
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: