Adventures in Odyssey - The MOVIE

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

let's see.
Tara Strong as Connie (She did a good job on Twilight Sparkle)
Gatlain Green as Olivia (Priscilla)
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

I think they should totally do it sometime.

-- Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:47 pm --

I'd say Blackgaard, and Novacom could be the sequel (mixed in with Blackgaard Revenge). Or we could come up with our own original plot.
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I <3 Wooton wrote:let's see.
Tara Strong as Connie (She did a good job on Twilight Sparkle)
Gatlain Green as Olivia (Priscilla)
Tara as Connie. I could see that. While we're on that train, Andrea Libman could be a good Penny.

Gatlin Green... why? Is she better than the actual voice of Olivia? Why switch one aio actresses?
Baron von Odyssey wrote:I'd say Blackgaard, and Novacom could be the sequel (mixed in with Blackgaard Revenge). Or we could come up with our own original plot.
Blackgaard would be cool but only if we start from the beginning of Odyssey. And I wouldn't like it if they cut from the beginning to later when he comes back, too little time for us to become invested. A Blackgaard flim would be doable, but not easily. It might be better to have a normal aio film first.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, we should have an Odyssey series, or a trilogy, or a fourogy (?) :D
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

I think that's a good idea (though we should have a Blackgaard film in there somewhere)

My ideas:

Combine Case of the Secret Room' the Imagination Station, the Mortal Coil, and flashbacks to Recollections
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

They could do the GRC.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
snubs
Cookies & Creme

*just read through the whole thread*

I realize some of these ideas are in jest, but the others? Are you guys serious? To be frank, if they did any of those ideas they likely wouldn't go over very well at all.

An animated film would be interesting... but they would have the outrageous childish elements in it that would make it too kidish for the older fans. I would much rather see an in real movie (because that's how I imagine Odyssey, live action), yes, you wouldn't be able to use the original voices, but I think that would (and could) actually make the movie better. Plus, I think IF they did make a movie, they should be making it for the older generation (the first generation of fans), and of course, non-AIO listeners.

The only problem (for you guys, not me) is,
1). A live active film would obviously require getting different actors to play the characters (which, I'm sure fans would automatically have a problem with).
AANND 2). The fans would be the ABSOLUTE WORST critics. >_> So, actually maybe it would be better if they DIDN'T try to make the movie for the fans, because the majority of fans would probably end up hating it no matter what.

As for me personally, I actually would not mind new actors playing the roles, because that's what you have to do. Plus, a well written story is most important, THAN it's getting good actors that will be able to portray the characters in the best possible way, even if they look nothing like you'd imagine, as long as they can embody the personality it could work. Speaking of which, what is all this talk about Selena Gomez? Is that even a serious suggestion??

I think the movie would most assuredly be on the right track to being successful if they used no-name actors. Using already known/famous actors, would not only cost a fortune, but would definitely cause groups of people to not like the choices. Also, using known actors would make you think of the actor/person too much and not the character they are playing (if you get what I mean).

However, suggesting an actor just so you can get an idea of what you imagine is good. For instance, I think someone like Steve Zahn could play a really good Wooton. Not saying he should (he's a bit too old anyway), but as a reference, someone like him could pull it off (and I'm not just talking about in looks, but in the ability to pull off the personality of Wooton in a realistic way).

Don't knock it 'til you really think about it, but, in a perfect world (where we could get any actor to be in this movie), the only famous person that I (could think of and) believe could do an amazing job as Mr. Whittaker is... Tom Hanks.
My reasoning; not only is he an amazing actor, but I believe he could embody the warm genuineness of Whit. Hanks, also has that strong yet gentle voice that could really hit home any message the movie is trying to convey. I think he could pull off the serious side of Whit, and also his friendly, good sense of humor, side. All I know is, anyone who plays Mr. Whittaker needs to have a very welcoming and friendly look and personality (he does spend a lot of time with kids after all, so this is a must), and I think Tom Hanks could actually pull it off very well.

As for story, doing something like Novacom or Blackgaard (or any other dramatic arc) would not be good for a stand alone movie AT ALL. And would definitely not be good for non-AIO listeners being introduced to the show/story. What I would do is a whole new story, or rather, retelling of Odyssey. It would start with introducing Whit and then how Connie and Eugene came to the show. It would follow a lot of the same things that happened throughout AIO (namely in the earlier episodes), however, it wouldn't necessarily follow AIO's timeline of events, that would have to be changed for the movie and story's sake. It would have a lot of the same things happen, just not exactly in the correct order and maybe not even in the exact way. I have a couple other ideas, but didn't want to elaborate too much because this post is getting quite long-winded. heh. I'm just very passionate about story-telling and movies and creating GOOD movies, particularly when it comes to creating an Adventures in Odyssey movie.
Last edited by snubs on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

For live-action, The Mortal Coil would be best. It introduced me to Odyssey.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: