Adventures in Odyssey - The MOVIE

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

Adventures in Odyssey - The MOVIE

Your task has been to produce for 20th Century Fox 3D-animated movie adaptation of Adventures in Odyssey. The movie can only be 2 hours and a half, but you have to satisfy both die-hard fans of the show and regular ticket buyers who have never heard of Adventures in Odyssey. Your budget is 150 million.

In a few days, you are set to meet with the heads of the studio to pitch to them your idea. You must answer these questions for them.

1) Who will direct? (and why?)

2) What would your story be about?

3) Who will write the screenplay? (and why?)

4) Which characters from the audio show would return for this film?

Good luck!
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Is this just for fun like the SS road trip?
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

It would totally be the Blackgaard story for me, With scenes from the original Blackgaard episodes woven into the darkness before dawn series.
I'm not sure about the rest of the questions, I would need time to think. ;)
This is a cool topic though! :)
James?
Caramel Crunch

I would have Christopher Nolan direct it!!!
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I would have it be the Novacom Saga.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

If it's only a 2.5 hour movie I would want to do something like "The Search for Whit" because I wouldn't want to cut a lot of stuff out. Novacom would be cool but depending on the director it could be dark and it would be way to long for just one movie.

I know that doesn't really answer your questions haha.. but I would have to think about it since I'm not super into the movie making process.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

What a fun idea! Though, I would have no idea where to start... I'm not really good at movie production...

I agree with Mrs. Wiley. I think Novacom would be to complex. It would take more that 2.5 hours to make it any good, and then it would be to heavy and dark.

I think I would like to see GRC made though. I think that would be a good movie. There isn't any info leading up to it, and it's only as long as one album. But if you take into consideration that there wouldn't be any verbal description, you could probably make it 2.5-3 hours long... maybe... lol

I would have no idea who could be directer or screen writer... I'll get back to you on that one.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I guess you guys are right...I'd just love to see Mitch in a movie. The Green Ring Conspiracy would be good, but The Search for Whit might not make sense to non-listeners, if you know what I mean.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mara
Pistachio

underseasie wrote:I guess you guys are right...I'd just love to see Mitch in a movie. The Green Ring Conspiracy would be good, but The Search for Whit might not make sense to non-listeners, if you know what I mean.
Yes. Non listeners wouldn't understand why Whit is missing.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I say we need John Lassiter to direct and it will be an animated version of The Green Ring Conspiracy. :D
James?
Caramel Crunch

Ohh I forgot it had to be animated :P I say Tim Burton :)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but if you had a big director doing it, and he got free reign of the movie, it would probably not stick closely with the radio show.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
James?
Caramel Crunch

Who knows......maybe something new would improve the show
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I would have it be the Novacom Saga, starting with Oppurtunity Knocks and only going through the important episodes of Novacom. I would have Brad Bird write and direct it, and Ed Asner would play Whit, with Selena Gomez playing Connie and Justin Bieber playing Mitch. ;) Christopher Plummer would play Mr. Charles.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
James?
Caramel Crunch

Hmmmm.......if it was animated why wouldn't we just have the regular actors play the characters? Although I do love me some Ed Asner :)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I'd direct it.

The story would be either Aloha Oy or Sgt. York

I'd write screenplay too.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

CT...... I would kill you if that happened... :evil:
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Ok I say we shouldn't start with a huge saga plot line just yet. I say we start off with something more of a tie in of a bunch of episodes together.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I would have it be the Novacom Saga, starting with Oppurtunity Knocks and only going through the important episodes of Novacom. I would have Brad Bird write and direct it, and Ed Asner would play Whit, with Selena Gomez playing Connie and Justin Bieber playing Mitch. ;) Christopher Plummer would play Mr. Charles.
This would RUIN AiO for me! O.o
꿈. 희망. 전진.
James?
Caramel Crunch

Wooton Bassett wrote:I'd direct it.

The story would be either Aloha Oy or Sgt. York

I'd write screenplay too.
You directing it would be ummmmmmmmm.......ummmmmmm.......But I do think that aloha oy would be th best episode to do