New Father Gilbert Book

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

New Father Gilbert Book

Yes my friends we finally have another Father Gilbert Mystery and we only had to ask a million times. The mystery, that wonderful McCusker British humor, those eerily supernatural themes woven into the tangible logic of the mystery are all back and hopefully strong as ever. Paul McCusker is naturally the writer, having developed, written and directed the series. It also featured the work of beloved aio sound designers Tod Busteed and Bob Luttrel as well as haunting scores by the singular John Campbell.

This will be the first Father Gilbert book and the first FotFRT tie in book as well as Paul McCusker's first work relevant to radio drama loving world since his departure. According to the AIO Update, this will be the first of a trilogy. "The second book will be titled All Desires Known and is currently scheduled to be released on August 19th, 2016."

Blessed Cheesemaker said in on the ToO, "According to Paul McCusker's facebook page this book is just as creepy as the audio dramas." But then it's called The Body Under the Bridge. Are there any non-creepy bodies under bridges?

The Amazon summary follows. Spoiler warning, as it gives quite a bit away about the setup.
A former Scotland Yard detective, Father Gilbert knows about death. But, now a priest of a modest Anglican church in the small town of Stonebridge, he didn't expect it to show up like this - in the suicide of a man who threw himself off the church tower, and in the discovery of a two-hundred-year-old body beneath an ancient bridge. The deaths are linked. The mummified corpse under the bridge, a murder victim, reignites a centuries-old battle between two local families - the Todds and the aristocratic Hayshams. Then both David Todd and Lord Haysham begin to act strangely. They are fearful for reasons they won't explain. When Lord Haysham is murdered, David Todd is the prime suspect. But Todd is acting maniacal, claiming great forces of evil are at work. An entire history of violence and depravity begins to emerge - interweaving the history of several local families with a secret occult society that engages in Black Masses. Has the Society emerged again?
This should be great fun. When an American writer decides to play British mystery writer, it's reliably painful. McCusker, no doubt due in part to his years in the land of tea and toast, not to mention his love of mystery dating back to his earliest fascinations with radio drama with Sam Spade, somehow manages to write British mysteries that are actually somewhat British. The settings of the radio dramas capture something of the British atmosphere and the quirky yet dignified people. Most importantly, the mysteries have a suspense and a delicate craftsmanship rarely found in American mysteries. So here's anticipating seeing all that in book form!

Alright. If you too are a fan of a good cup of tea, a good book and a good corpse, talk it up.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Oh, I will definitely be looking into buying this book. I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every father Gilbert mystery.

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats