Advent in Odyssey: What Does That Mean?

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Advent in Odyssey: What Does That Mean?

So, I was out Christmas shopping today, and, as is my custom, I sauntered into a Family Christian Bookstore. I immediately made a beeline for the children's merchandise, where Adventures in Odyssey is located. There was a new boxed set displayed, entitled Countdown to Christmas: Advent Collection. In the children's books section, there was an activity workbook which bore the same title. The little red blurb below the main title struck me as peculiar: "Advent Collection." But they're Christmas episodes. I resolved to ask some of you more knowledgeable people when I got home. So here we are, two questions:

1). What is Advent, and what is its significance?
2). Why would Focus on the Family release a Christmas album but label it for Advent?

When a song is written by the scriptwriter of The Music Man and sung by Perry Como and Bing Crosby respectively, you know it's going to be a classic. (1951)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I don't know if this is what you're asking about, and I wouldn't say by any means that I'm one of the "more knowledgeable people", but advent just means "The arrival" of a person or event. Capital Advent represents "the arrival" of Jesus on Christmas, which I guess they just used instead of "Christmas collection". At least at our Church Advent is used interchangeably with Christmas, or Christmas time.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

The four weeks before Christmas are called Advent. It is time for preparing for Jesus' arrival.
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/advent1.html
Here is an article on it. The History of Advent section explains why we celebrate it, and where it came from.
I believe the Advent in Odyssey album had episodes for families to listen to every day during Advent in order to 'get ready' for Christmas. It is an album to listen to during Advent to count down 'till Christmas, like an advent calendar.