AIO Actors in Other Things

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Kimmy Robertson voices a featherduster in Beauty and the Beast.

In The Muppets, Aria Curzon is a waitress. She has one line, which she says right after Me Party.

Andre Stoika plays the King in Cinderella 2 and Cinderella 3.

This is kind of random, but in Aladdin, right before One Jump Ahead, a guard shouts to Aladdin "You won't get away so easy!" and it sounds just like Jellyfish, or whoever played him. I'm not totally sure it's him though.

The same guy also plays Marcia's husband on The Brady Brides, a spin-off of The Brady Bunch.

In the I Love Lucy episode The Young Fans Janet Waldo plays a teenage girl with a crush on Ricky.
Last edited by Novatom on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

I'm a big fan of the Super Hero Squad Show, and I remember hearing Jess Harnell there as Crimson Dynamo, Impossible Man, and Odin. Also, Jason Marsden was in there as Nova, I think
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Okay, so I've been binge-watching Boy Meets World, and Dave Madden appears at the end of the episode "Rave On" as a band manager. It was so surreal; I'm watching the denouement of yet another Matthews family disaster—and then suddenly, a wild Bernard appears!
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

The Odyssey Actors have worked on many different shows and movies, so I thought would be interesting to make a list of the different movies/tv shows they have been part of.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

To kick things off with tv shows, Alan Young, Hal Smith and Will Ryan were in the original Ducktales, as well as Mickey's Christmas carol. Alan of course played Scoorge (now done by David Tennant) and Hal played Flintheart Glomgold and Gyro Gearloose, Will Ryan played many of the one off characters. Jess Harnell has done voice over work for America's funniest home videos, and Pamela Hayden has been working on the Simpsons since it started (main roles is Milhouse, but has voiced about 50 'background' characters). Kimmy Robertson also appeared in one episode of The Simpsons as Milhouse's love interest. Will Ryan has also voiced Goofy, when the actor wasn't available.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

Jess Harnell has played Wakko Warner on Animaniacs, Katie Leigh has been on Darkwing Duck as Goslayn's BFF, and JEss Harnel also plays Stuffy in DocMcStuffins. And Atticus Shafer plays Ono in the Lion Guard and the frog in Pete the Cat. That's all I know.
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Chris mentioned in an interview that her daughter (sorry, don't know the name) has played Batgirl, David Selby (skint) has played Jim Gordon in one of the more recent DC animated films, and Lee Meriweather (felicia Larson) played Catwoman in the 60's.

totally spies: Katie Leigh and Jess Harnell
Ben 10: Walker Edmonston and Audry Wasilewski
Kim Possible: Earl Boen
the Smurfs: Hal Smith, Paul Herlinger, Andre Stojka
Beauty and the Beast 1992: Kimmy Robertson and Hal Smith
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

This is a fun thread!

Corey Burton voiced Count Dooku, Cad Bane, and *so* many others in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. He plays basically every other one-shot character and I love it. Also Jason Spisak (Raymond Rydell & random characters) played Lux Bontari in The Clone Wars.

Earl Born voiced Mr. Bleakman on Clifford the Big Red Dog. Jess Harnell voiced Jorge in its spin-off, Clifford's Puppy Days. Additionally, Jess Harnell was in Wreck-It Ralph, voicing one of the game characters in Fix-It Felix. He has one line: "He'll wreck the party!" I think he has a few other couple-line roles in other Disney animated movies but I'd have to check to be sure.

In addition to Atticus Shaffer being on The Lion Guard, Justin Felbinger had a recurring role as a small elephant named Mtoto. Although I have only seen a few clips, Atticus Shaffer played Brick on The Middle.

I also noticed Hal Smith was credited as Philipe (the horse) in Disney's animated Beauty and the Beast.

Andre Stojka voices the King in Cinderella II and III. He does such an entertaining job lol. I also really enjoy his more emotional moments in the third film.

Those are the other roles aio actors have done off the top of my head, although I'm certain there are more.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Patterson
Strawberry

I watched an episode of Talespin earlier today where Townsend Coleman played a radio announcer. It was only a line or two but it was definitely him.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

I love Tmnt, so you can imagine how much I flipped when I found out he played Mikee in the 1983 version.
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
Patterson
Strawberry

I've been watching more Talespin lately and it turns out that a lot more Odyssey actors played minor characters in the show.
Jerry Houser (Jellyfish)
Kenneth Mars (Fredrick Holstein)
Pete Reneday (Logan Smiler, Owen Birch)
Joan Gerber (Mrs. Rossini, Mrs. Hooper)
Phil Crowley (Mr. Burnette -Eugene's foster dad)
Hal Smith (Whit)
Alan Young (Jack)
Susan Silo (Agnes Riley)
Corey Burton (Cryin Brian Dern)
Brian Cummings (The Chairman, Columbus)
Pat Fraley (St. Valentine, Karno Wescott)
Whit Hertford (Jay)
and Jim Cummings who voiced the king in Darien's Rise plays a lot of characters in it too.
Talespin's a great show and it's fun finding a lot of voices I recognize. A few of these voices I never would have guessed came from Odyssey actors, but I recognized the names from Odyssey credits. Whit Hertford's character was before his voice changed and Pat Fraley's character sounds nothing like St Valentine.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Hal Smith appeared in at least 2 episodes of Hogan's Heroes. once as a scientist the Germans want to build a nuclear bomb, and once as the boss of a factory making cannons.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Alan Young plays Mr. Winger, the veterinarian, in the Disney movie The Cat from Outer Space.

Hal Smith makes a very brief appearance as a Courthouse Guard in the Disney movie The Million Dollar Duck.

In the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet, I believe Corey Burton voices the dwarf, Grumpy.

(This topic seems pretty similar to the "Other Things that the Actors have Done" topic. Perhaps the two threads can be merged?)
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:11 pm
Alan Young plays Mr. Winger, the veterinarian, in the Disney movie The Cat from Outer Space.

Hal Smith makes a very brief appearance as a Courthouse Guard in the Disney movie The Million Dollar Duck.

In the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet, I believe Corey Burton voices the dwarf, Grumpy.

(This topic seems pretty similar to the "Other Things that the Actors have Done" topic. Perhaps the two threads can be merged?)
This is the original thread, I didn't know it existed until a minute ago which is why I started one!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

In the 1991 animated Beauty and the Beast movie, Brian Cummings, actor for Armitage Shanks and The Chairman, played the stove.

Jim Cummings, who played King Lawrence in the "Passages" episodes, voiced Ed, a Hyena, and a mole that talks to Zazu in the 1994 animated movie The Lion King. He also sang parts of the "Be Prepared" song after Jeremy Irons, voice of Scar, blew his voice.
truAIOfan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:23 pm
I was watching an episode of Bewitched andDave Madden played a person in a department store.
Dave Madden also played Joe, a car designer, in an episode called "Super Car".
djchatswithu wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:43 am
Polehaus53 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:11 pm
This is the original thread, I didn't know it existed until a minute ago which is why I started one!
No worries. I'm sure an admin will soon merge the two topics.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:53 pm
Jim Cummings, who played King Lawrence in the "Passages" episodes, voiced Ed, a Hyena, and a mole that talks to Zazu in the 1994 animated movie The Lion King. He also sang parts of the "Be Prepared" song after Jeremy Irons, voice of Scar, blew his voice.
Jim Cummings is an extremely prolific voice actor! He's in almost every animated project you can find lol. He voices both Winnie the Pooh & Tigger on many projects. Also, he plays the absolutely legendary Hondo Ohnaka on The Clone Wars and Rebels!

Every time I've watched The Lion King since I learned that he sang part of "Be Prepared", I kept an ear out for the difference in voice.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:12 am
Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:53 pm
Jim Cummings is an extremely prolific voice actor! He's in almost every animated project you can find lol. He voices both Winnie the Pooh & Tigger on many projects. Also, he plays the absolutely legendary Hondo Ohnaka on The Clone Wars and Rebels!

Every time I've watched The Lion King since I learned that he sang part of "Be Prepared", I kept an ear out for the difference in voice.
Will Ryan has also played Tigger, and Rabbit.
edit: Will has also voiced Scrooge McDuck
Patterson
Strawberry

I was watching an episode of Deep Space 9 and it had Kenneth Mars (Captain Quinn, Frederick Holstien) in it. Star trek TOS also had a few minor characters voiced by Walker Edmiston (Tom, Bart).
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I watched The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) last night and saw Andy Pessoa, voice of Barrett Jones, in the credits! He played a kid called Gordon who was being bullied by Flash at the beginning of the film. The only thing he says is "Whoa!" when Flash drops him. \:D/

Also, Corey Burton voices Cad Bane in The Book of Boba Fett.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Patterson
Strawberry

I've been playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and so far I've recognized:
Jess Harnell (Wooton) as a drunk citizen of Taris

The combat arena announcer on Taris sounds just like Karno Wescott

And Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell) plays Handon Guld, a murder suspect on Dantooine.

Also, Armin Shiverman played Prince George in Darien's Rise, but he is better known as Quark on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.