Odyssey Monologues

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Mara
Pistachio

Odyssey Monologues

In my theater class we perform monologues for a grade and naturally I wanted the source of my first monologue this school year to be AIO. I couldn't come up with any off the top of my head let alone know what episodes they were in. Anyone have ideas on what monologue I should do? Minimum length requirement is about one minute, but other than that I'm up for almost anything.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Jack vs. Blackgaard in the tunnel in The Final Conflict?

-- Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31 pm --

Like when Jack talks about it after the explosion.
Mara
Pistachio

SirWhit wrote:Jack vs. Blackgaard in the tunnel in The Final Conflict?
Like when Jack talks about it after the explosion.
Oh, that's a good one. I think I might wait and do that one later in the year for my dramatic monologue. We need one dramatic monologue and one comedic one. It would probably be easier to knock out the comedic one right away.
I was also thinking of maybe doing something from Snow Day, but I'm not sure what part...
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Monologue is one person speaking right? :oops:

How about the very beginning of snow day?
Proud K.R.E Member
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Mickey wrote:Monologue is one person speaking right? :oops:
Eyup!
All of Mr. Whittaker's lines at the end of the older episodes are good. :P
Mara
Pistachio

I did my monologue a few days ago and I decided on the first "scene" in Kidsboro. Ryan says it but none of his lines were gender specific so I just performed it as a girl. There was also a conversation between Ryan and the woman at the mayor's office so I just changed it so that it was like I was relaying the important points of the conversation to the audience. It went well! I thought it was a pretty comedic monologue and I got quite a few laughs from the audience including my teacher which is a good sign.
We have to do another one soon and this one has to be a dramatic monologue. I think I'm going to do the scene in Life Expectancy part one where Connie is saying goodbye to her mom in the hospital.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Awesome Mara! Good luck! :P
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

You beat me to it, Mara. I was going to suggest that exact same scene. Two others that would be good (in my opinion) would be Tom talking to the comatose Whit at the end of The Mortal Coil, Part 1, and Jack explaining to Connie that his wife was not a Christian in A Question About Tasha. (I know the latter would be for a male actor, but I believe it should be listed, as it is one of the most touching scenes in all of Odyssey.)

This was a song of encouragement to the citizens of Britain at the beginning of World War I. In recent years, it has been more of a barbershop number. (1914)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)