An imagination station adventure!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
sing
Raspberry Ripple

An imagination station adventure!

If you could go on 3 trips in the imagination station, where would you go?

I think I would go to Jesus death& resurrection, to England in the time of queen Elizabeth 1, and I'm not sure about the third. Maybe the underground railroad, or Jesus birth or the parting of the red sea.

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Defiantly some time during Jesus's life. Queen Elizabeth's 1 court. And maybe the Old West!
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I don't know if I'd be emotionally able to handle Jesus's death and resurrection, but I'd want to go anyway. I'd also like to go back to sometime in WWII, maybe a little while before V-J Day; I'd frankly love to be the fly on the wall in the debates over the use of the atomic bomb. After that, I might like to see something related to the cultural upheavals of the '60s and '70s—maybe something like a clip show, where I could see important events that led to the evolution of various social movements from what they used to be to what they are now. I think it would be helpful to understand the historical context for today's culture wars.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
sing
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:I don't know if I'd be emotionally able to handle Jesus's death and resurrection, but I'd want to go anyway. I'd also like to go back to sometime in WWII, maybe a little while before V-J Day; I'd frankly love to be the fly on the wall in the debates over the use of the atomic bomb. After that, I might like to see something related to the cultural upheavals of the '60s and '70s—maybe something like a clip show, where I could see important events that led to the evolution of various social movements from what they used to be to what they are now. I think it would be helpful to understand the historical context for today's culture wars.
Yeah, I don't know if I could handle it either but I think it would be worth it. I also thought about ww2 but I didn't think I could handle that emotionally either. :-s

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

There's so many places I couldn't do all I'd want to in three trips :cry:
Proud K.R.E Member
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I want to see Jesus alive not his death, I want to be able to talk to him. Then I would like to visit C.S. Lewis and J.R. Tolkein when they were alive and friends, and then I'd like to spend some time with Canadian Pioneers.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Do the Imagination Station adventures have to be historic or biblical? Like I couldn't use it to meet Lucille Ball, see the Beatles in concert, or anything like that?
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Novatom wrote:Do the Imagination Station adventures have to be historic or biblical? Like I couldn't use it to meet Lucille Ball, see the Beatles in concert, or anything like that?
Aren't those historic events though?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:
Novatom wrote:Do the Imagination Station adventures have to be historic or biblical? Like I couldn't use it to meet Lucille Ball, see the Beatles in concert, or anything like that?
I guess. They just wouldn't make the history books, which is what I was thinking. So you're saying I could do those adventures?
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Novatom wrote:
Belle wrote:
I guess. They just wouldn't make the history books, which is what I was thinking. So you're saying I could do those adventures?
Erm..why wouldn't they make the history books? They were both very influential in history, and I've read about them in history books before.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:Erm..why wouldn't they make the history books? They were both very influential in history, and I've read about them in history books before.
I think TV and music is more like pop culture. I haven't read about them in any of my history books, but come to think of it that's only because I haven't reached that time period.

-- Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:20 pm --

Here's a dictionary definition of history: "the study of past events, particularly in human affairs" so I guess Lucille Ball and The Beatles qualify, though I don't really consider them history.

Anyway, I would choose going to sometime in the 1800s, seeing The Beatles in concert, and meeting my past self, probably when I'm in preschool.
sing
Raspberry Ripple

I like the idea if meeting your past self! :-) And you can go anywhere except the future in the imagination station. :-)