Flat Eugene Project is now VIRTUAL

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Flat Eugene Project is now VIRTUAL

Howdy folks. You may have seen my Flat Eugene Project post about sending out a little flat Eugene to different members in the mail.

(Some of you may have heard of the Flat Stanley Project, but if not, I’ll explain it here. Basically, Flat Stanley is a flat paper doll that people send around to friends, and take pictures of their adventures. (Here’s a link for more info:http://www.flatstanleyproject.com/)

So, I was thinking, why not do a Flat Eugene on the SS? Members could send him around and take pictures of their adventures!)

However, many members expressed their concern with revealing their address, and said they wouldn’t be allowed to do so.

SO, HomeschoolCowgirl came up with a great idea, to make the Flat Eugene virtual instead!

This will eliminate any safety concerns, as you still won’t need to be in the pictures with Eugene, and you won’t need to mail anything anywhere!

So what changes?

I will post an image of the official Flat Eugene, and each member, whoever wants to participate, can print him out and take pictures of him around their house, hometown, or on any trips they take.

Once I have posted the image, I will also post the official Flat Eugene thread, and members can post pictures, as many or as few as they’d like, and Eugene’s thoughts on visiting that particlar place.

Another advantage to making it virtual is that you can have your Flat Eugene for as long as you’d like! Feel free to post pictures all summer! :D

No sign-ups are necessary anymore, but I would love it if you would express your interest in joining in this thread! :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
snubs
Cookies & Creme

I might do this. Sounds like fun. =D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Woody
Cookies & Creme

I will probably participate as well. Though I will admit I quite liked the idea of all the members having the same Flat Eugene. ;) I feel like so much of the Odyssey forum world is virtual already, that an actual, physical link might be kinda cool. You know, like, "This paper cutout that I'm taking a picture with is the same cutout that snubs took a picture with a week ago! O.o"

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Woody wrote:I will probably participate as well. Though I will admit I quite liked the idea of all the members having the same Flat Eugene. ;) I feel like so much of the Odyssey forum world is virtual already, that an actual, physical link might be kinda cool. You know, like, "This paper cutout that I'm taking a picture with is the same cutout that snubs took a picture with a week ago! O.o"
Well, maybe I could mail you mine!

...that is an idea though.. those who want to mail it can, and those who don't could just print one out for themselves.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

snubs wrote:
Woody wrote:I will probably participate as well. Though I will admit I quite liked the idea of all the members having the same Flat Eugene. ;) I feel like so much of the Odyssey forum world is virtual already, that an actual, physical link might be kinda cool. You know, like, "This paper cutout that I'm taking a picture with is the same cutout that snubs took a picture with a week ago! O.o"
Well, maybe I could mail you mine!

...that is an idea though.. those who want to mail it can, and those who don't could just print one out for themselves.
If people are interested in mailing it still, let me know. I was under the impression barely anyone wanted to, which is why I changed it to virtual only....

ALSO FOLKS

Question, would we prefer a new Eugene or an old Eugene?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Either one I guess. I do actually like the new Eugene.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

This sounds cool, although mine would be in black-and-white \:D/ ... Considering we don't own a color printer.

I'm more for the old, IMHO.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Definitely the old Eugene. With the hair covering his whole face, you know.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I'm in! Especially because I'm getting a new camera soon yay!!
Yes, I too would rather have the old Eugene.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
snubs
Cookies & Creme

I'm fine with the old Eugene as well. But I'm cool with either.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Old Eugene.

Can I do it since it's virtual now? Before I hadn't fulfilled the "six months" requirement.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:Old Eugene.

Can I do it since it's virtual now? Before I hadn't fulfilled the "six months" requirement.
Yeah, virtual has no requirements. :D
Okie
Caramel Crunch

How would you make it virtual? would you have to photo shop it into a picture, or would it be like holding your iphone with eugene on it in the picture?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=2606

^Here's the official topic for Flat Eugene!

Each member can print out their own Eugene, Susannah, and pose in pictures with him. :)
LIGHTNING
Vanilla

I'm game! You know my email, send it to me! :D I shall post the picture in ToO though... Yes I am one of them...
You guys do have one good thing though, this:
:jason
MAN I WISH TOO HAD THAT EMOJI
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

LIGHTNING wrote:I'm game! You know my email, send it to me! :D I shall post the picture in ToO though... Yes I am one of them...
You guys do have one good thing though, this:
:jason
MAN I WISH TOO HAD THAT EMOJI
No..I don't know your email, and the picture is in the official Flat Eugene thread, or in the blog, in my signature.