Android OAC Player

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Android OAC Player

So, FotF has released a player for Android.

I think I'm sticking with the unofficial(902K) because it looks better to me. Plus if the OAC runs the same as the internet player, it will quit after a few minutes.
Last edited by Mr. Yorp on Fri May 15, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Mr. Yorp wrote:So, FotF has released a player for Android (14M!).

What's up with these Permissions for the FotF player?

Location precise location (GPS and network-based)
SMS send SMS messages
Phone directly call phone numbers

Yech.

I think I'm sticking with the unofficial(902K) because it looks better to me. Plus if it runs the same as the internet player, it will quit after a few minutes.
What's the name of the player? Is it for the OAC club?

And honestly, those permissions aren't all that unusual for apps these days, most of those you still have to give your permission again for it to actually use any of those. I know there are some apps you have to be worried about, but I think people are sometimes paranoid as far as that goes..

ETA: The name is the Odyssey Adventure Club.

I downloaded it, and the layout seems to leave a lot to be desired. :/
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Belle wrote:What's the name of the player? Is it for the OAC club?
Link at the top.
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

Well, I just downloaded the app, but for some reason when I log in with the correct information, it says, login failed. Does anyone else have this problem?
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

What? Why do you have to log in?!?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Mr. Yorp wrote:What? Why do you have to log in?!?
You need to log into your Odyssey Adventure Club account to prove that you are an paying OAC member. It's really not that unreasonable.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

KeyBladeWarrior wrote:Well, I just downloaded the app, but for some reason when I log in with the correct information, it says, login failed. Does anyone else have this problem?
I haven't had this issue, but I do feel that the design is very clunky, as I said before. If you log in with your admin account, you're able to pick whom you'd like to use the app as, so maybe that would work?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

Ok. I'll try that! Thanks!