Tomorrow, for Better or Worse, BTV returns!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Tomorrow, for Better or Worse, BTV returns!

Back from a long hiatus, just to say that I am PUMPED for the new episode tomorrow. BTV episodes are always some of my favorites, and I'm excited to see how they'll continue without Bernard. My money's on Connie as the host. :)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

According to the podcast, there won't be a host. They'll just go presentation to presentation.

But yeah, I can't wait either. This is an event!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Jumpman256
Strawberry

According to the podcast, there won't be a host. They'll just go presentation to presentation.
There......kind of is a host and kind of isn't, actually.
I would not be remiss if I called this episode WTV. ;)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

:D Do I hear Corey Burton again?!
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Okay, just heard the latest BTV episode. Review in spoiler tags, but I won't make it super-spoilery--just what's the same (a lot) and what's different (one thing)
Same:
--The variety show feel. No change in that whatsoever. :)

--Eugene is still causing trouble for the host (and yes, there is a host, kind of. We'll get to that.

--Stories. A few of them this time.

--Zaniness. Rest assured, this show is still nuts.

Differences:
--Let's get the big one out of the way first--this show, unlike what the podcast said (according to Pound Foolish) DOES have a host--kind of. This person comes in and out, sets up some sketches, all the things Bernard used to do, but it's a little bit less blatant than Bernard's way. The host........is Whit. :) Perfect choice, I'd say.

--However, there is no "A Story from Whit" segment--the main feature is a dramatization. I'm...kind of glad of this. They're not trying to turn Whit into Bernard to fit BTV. Good on them.

--Unfortunately, no Did you Knows. Oh well. :)
I thought it was quite well done, actually. Thoughts?

-- Fri May 01, 2015 8:28 am --
Do I hear Corey Burton again?!
Yeah--not only that, a pretty big voice around Odyssey returns for a bit part too......
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I also thought I heard Doris Rathbone's voice in the beginning for a bit...I think it was a section where they were playing old clips or something...?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Mr. Whit's End wrote::D Do I hear Corey Burton again?!
Playing as Cryan Bryan Durn or Shakespeare? I can't believe this!! I have waited so long for him to return!
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Is this an OAC episode, or is this normal Odyssey canon?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

OAC episode.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The Old Judge wrote:Is this an OAC episode, or is this normal Odyssey canon?
If you listened to The Official Podcast, you'd know that. Just saying. Why do you and Whit's End and so many fellows insist on being in the dark?

If you mention Get In the Show again, I won't be responsible. That was three years ago.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Maybe some people don't care for podcasts? Or perhaps they are not interested in the OAIOP. Revolutionary concept, I know, but try not to overthink it.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I stopped listening to the Official Podcast after Get in the Show, in part because of the contest. However, the majority of the decision lies in the fact that my life has reached a point of activity to where I cannot actively keep up with the Podcast.

Now, back on topic.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Connie as host wouldn't be too bad...
(I stopped listening to the Official AIO podcast bc all it did was promote the OAC. "Buy the OAC! Look at the OAC!" Mehhhhhhh.)
But BTV won't be BTV without the B :(
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Are you sure the B stands for Bernard and not Bible? I can't remember.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Well if it stood for Bernard it can stand for Bible now!
Proud K.R.E Member
Wakko
Pistachio

It did indeed stand for Bernard.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Well since no one here has shared their thoughts on it I guess I will. It was pretty good. The illustration with the blind men was pretty clever and didn't feel formulaic or boring at all, even though it's a well known story. but bernard wasn't there :(