Funniest AIO Line Of All Time

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

It was? :oops: I guess I've never heard that one before...
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
Garrett'sBiggestFan
Vanilla

"...Plan Zebra Alpha Charlie Fettuccine Water Buffalo"
I love my Fluffy Socks!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That is funny, but I can't remember what it's from. I guess, in Odyssey, saying something like that doesn't necessarily stand out much.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

GBF- Ugh, how could I forget that one! O.o PF, it's from Snow Day...
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

"HA! you think you can buy me with 2 little silver coins?"
"Yes"
"you'd be right"
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

One of the funniest lines in No Chemistry Whatsoever "Your right Eugene I admit it Your right Eugene I admit it Give me that phone now
Last edited by dolphinlovr4ever on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

dolphinlovr4ever wrote:One of the funniest lines in No Chemistry Whatsoever "Alright Eugene I admit it Alright Eugene I admit it"
I'm pretty sure she said "You're right" not "Alright"...;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Woot!
Vanilla

Eugene: "Do you understand where the world would be without amoebae?"
Connie: "Do you understand where the world would be without pants?!?"
*awkward silence*

-- Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:40 pm --

"Frank's Breakfast Inn! Do you know what that could mean?!?"
"That they serve waffles?"
"But you had to walk downhill to get there, which means going to the FBI will be a downhill path!"

I don't know if that was funny to anyone else, but I thought it was.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Those are good, Woot. I've long adored them.

More from the all new No Chemistry Whatsoever:

"Oh it's not a fable, it's the periodic table!"

Barrett: "I'll memorize some more versus. On patience."

Olivia: laughs "... What?"

These are inexact, I've only heard it once, on the day it first came out. But then, exactitude isn't really expected of Odyssey fans.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I actually didn't find "No Chemistry Whatsoever" to be very funny at all. Like most average episodes of the past few years, it feels like a missed opportunity. I hope "The Friend Formula" is a little better, because I think it could be quite funny if done well.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

However, CreativeThinker, one must remember that Odyssey isn't meant to be a comedy. I have heard great things about No Chemistry Whatsoever, and I am looking forward to hearing it. I'll probably find it quite funny. You probably just have a bad sense of humor. :)

To post funny lines:

"I know you! You're Rodlin Serly from the Twilife Zone!" (If you do not get this reference, you have not lived.)

And one that the Oddcast mentioned:

Whit: I used to have a little toy engine. His name was Tonto, and he was in my Lone Ranger set. (From The Cae of the Missing Train Car.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Odyssey isn't meant to be a comedy, but it sure seems like the producers are trying (and usually only partially succeeding) to make it so. I don't have a problem with slice-of-life shows not being funny, but when they have little else going for them, as "No Chemistry Whatsoever" does, I find them to be average. I did like the storyline with Barret, however, and that was the storyline I thought I wouldn't like. I often found myself wishing it was the A-side of the episode and the chemistry subplot was the B-side, or else eliminated completely. I think that storyline had a lot of potential, but it was a missed opportunity. I'll elaborate more on that if I ever get around to writing a review of this episode.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Are you saying that No Chemistry Whatsoever was meant to be humorous, but failed? If so, explain please.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The Old Judge wrote:Are you saying that No Chemistry Whatsoever was meant to be humorous, but failed? If so, explain please.
Not necessarily. There were a couple jokes that were hit or miss (mostly miss for me, but I understand others find it funny), but I'm not sure I'd classify it as an all-out comedy. What I'm saying is it had a lot of potential to be funny with the whole idea of Eugene teaching Connie, but the writers missed the opportunity. I'm mostly criticizing that storyline, I suppose.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Mr. Thinker, do you ever laugh at anything? Perhaps you have some problem with your throat from being dropped as a child.
However, it's worth saying I had one or two problems with the storyline myself. Mainly, the show failed to make Connie truly in the wrong for wanting the class to be lighter. Too much work is too much work. The show got the juice out of the humorous and emotional possibilities of Eugene heaping work on poor Connie, but the lesson fell a bit flat because Connie was right to be upset. she was in a class with unreasonable expectations. That's not a discussion for this topic, though.
So, back to quotes:
"Hello."
"I was going to say that. Harlow Doyle, here."
"Oh hi, 'Harlow Doyle Here.'"

"Girl Scout Cookies."
"No, thanks."
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:Mr. Thinker, do you ever laugh at anything? Perhaps you have some problem with your throat from being dropped as a child.
Well, I just laughed at that, so I guess I do. I will say I did laugh during "The Friend Formula". That was one of the few episodes in a while that actually exceeded expectations for me...

Anyway, I would agree with you about the moral. I was also confused about how the two stories linked as far as the message. I mean, I'm sure they did, but I didn't catch it.

Okay, I just looked up the moral on AIOwiki: "the value of hard work". That makes sense with the Barret storyline, but as Eugene said, Connie wasn't really not working because it was too hard for her, she just didn't like Eugene being in a position of authority over her. Therefore, the moral of that story is fairly unclear, and it gives me one more reason to dislike that side. And the title didn't make any sense for the Barret storyline. The A-side just ruined this episode for me, and I think I'll split my review in half.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

Every time Bernard talks (talked ;( ) I laugh, "Paint me red and call me a fire hydrant, for one example !! :D
It also really got to me hearing whit say in Wonderworld "I feel like Christopher Robin just left pooh corner", Growing up I loved pooh bear, and all the characters, and every time I watch that part at the end when Christopher leaves, I cry (cried, a couple of times a long time ago), then hearing whit say that the last couple of times I listened to Wonderworld, made a bunch of emotions raise...... I feel really awkward telling you guys this :P

But i guess this isnt funny, but it is a line that touched me

-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:42 pm --

Funnny Line: "ITs time for DID YOU KNOWWW!!...........AAANNDD DONT YOU FORRRGETT IT!"

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I finally have a truly funny AIO line! I was watching Escape from the Forbidden Matrix yesterday, and no matter how anybody feels about the videos, this one has two amusing lines.

Master Brain: Mister Taylor, Mister Martinez, welcome to the Forbidden Matrix.
Sal: Wait, how do you know our names?
Master Brain: I am the Master Brain. I know all! Besides, your names are printed on your uniforms.

Master Brain: Dylan! No! I am your master!
Dylan: You're not my master anymore!
*Inserts ROM restrictor*
Master Brain: NO! I am your master! I am your master. I am your master. I am your mas......
*Master Brain falls limp in his chair*
Dylan & Sal: Yeah!
Master Brain: Just kidding!
Dylan & Sal: AH!

Eugene: Hello, lads, how was it?
Sal: Eugene, you've got to shut that program down!
Dylan: There were all these little kids, and fire-breathing dragons!
Sal: And disco music!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Old Judge wrote:I finally have a truly funny AIO line! I was watching Escape from the Forbidden Matrix yesterday, and no matter how anybody feels about the videos, this one has two amusing lines.

Master Brain: Mister Taylor, Mister Martinez, welcome to the Forbidden Matrix.
Sal: Wait, how do you know our names?
Master Brain: I am the Master Brain. I know all! Besides, your names are printed on your uniforms.

Master Brain: Dylan! No! I am your master!
Dylan: You're not my master anymore!
*Inserts ROM restrictor*
Master Brain: NO! I am your master! I am your master. I am your master. I am your mas......
*Master Brain falls limp in his chair*
Dylan & Sal: Yeah!
Master Brain: Just kidding!
Dylan & Sal: AH!

Eugene: Hello, lads, how was it?
Sal: Eugene, you've got to shut that program down!
Dylan: There were all these little kids, and fire-breathing dragons!
Sal: And disco music!
Ha..Haha...Hahahahahaha. =p I actually like the DVDs. But whatever. *shrug*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That is funny, and I like the DVDs too. Some of them are rather dull, but The Forbidden Matrix and a few other episodes are well done. So if the DVDs are bad, Froggy, at least we have bad taste together rather than alone. Idiocy loves company.