The …Perilous Pen?!?!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

The …Perilous Pen?!?!

An Email From…

The
…Perilous Pen?!?

*puts on detective glasses*
:mad:

SUBJECT LINE: A LITTLE MORE INFO ON CROSS-CHECK.
“Richard Maxwell never intended to burn down Tom Riley’s barn.
What happened was that Blackgaard had an outburst the day before, and had come within an inch of socking Richard right in the face. The book described Blackgaard as utterly ferocious.
Richard suddenly realized what he was dealing with and it scared him. A lot. Up to this point, he hadn’t been scared at all, but now he was starting to realize the consequences of disobeying orders.
Richard goes to Whit’s End the next day and waits in a booth for Lucy. This is the part of the book where he reflects on his past – the stuff I gave Luke earlier about Mickey, Rachael, and Melissa. Richard is constantly thinking about Rachael. How she became corrupted by a guy named Brownlow. And he decides that he’s not going to help Blackgaard do that to Connie. He decides that they can all be happy – get Mr. Whittaker out of the way of the vote AND keep Connie safe – by using Lucy to get them back together.
He feels guilty about using Lucy – basically corrupting her too – but he justifies it in his own mind, saying that this is “different.”

Now the barn. Blackgaard explicitly told Richard to burn it down. Richard realized that Blackgaard just needed Tom to not show up to the city council meeting. He didn’t WANT to do more than necessary. He wanted to keep Blackgaard off his back, but he had NO intention of hurting Tom. He just wanted to make him stay and battle a harmless bonfire.
So, he snuck to the farm, waited until Tom left, ran around getting sticks to burn, put all those in a pile outside the barn, and doused them with kerosene.
The problem was, he was sloppy AND used way too much kerosene. As soon as he lit the pile, it fireballed and caught his shirt on fire. He had kerosene on it. So he yanked it off and tossed it.
Unfortunately, he tossed it right onto the hay next to the barn.

I don’t have what happened immediately after yet. That email is fake so don’t try and email that…
Sorry, I’m getting a kick out of being anonymous. Anyway. Exciting stuff. Buy the book. Do it. I’m going to buy all three even if it makes me go broke, Cross-Check especially is the best one so far.”

Thoughts?!
:jason
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Is this just fanfiction? Is it real? If it's real, then why are you posting it?
CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

Scientific Guy wrote:Is this just fanfiction? Is it real? If it's real, then why are you posting it?
Some AIO fan is possing as the Perilous Pen and is emailing me daily updates on Cross-Check, the book series.
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Hmm... it seems a little suspicious to me... wouldn't it be better for us to wait until the book comes out before we get spoilers?
CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

Scientific Guy wrote:Hmm... it seems a little suspicious to me... wouldn't it be better for us to wait until the book comes out before we get spoilers?
Umm..I guess. :P
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Headcannon: That summer was particularly difficult for the farmer. Something about the temperature, the unusually windy outdoors, the many thunderstorms that had turned apple harvesting into a near impossible activity, damaging his income. Tom Riley subsequently fell into depression, unable to shake some daunting sense of dread. It was a Sunday when Ginger came into his life. Mr. Riley left a light service speaking of a hope and joy that he was convinced would never return and stepped onto his back porch, to find a small kitten. With a tear in his eye, a smile spread across the man's face. He scooped the small creature into his arms, and brought her inside. Within a couple weeks, the orange kitten, who was once barely able to walk, was darting around Tom's living room, chasing a ball of string.
Tom didn't have a garage, but he was gone often and needed somewhere to keep his new friend. The loft in the left corner of his barn was a perfect location.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Scientific Guy wrote:Hmm... it seems a little suspicious to me... wouldn't it be better for us to wait until the book comes out before we get spoilers?
I believe it's perfectly fine. We spoil the albums and stuff before so this is perfectly fine. If y'all don't want spielers then you'll probably have to live under a rock. :P
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith