AIO Conspiracies

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

AIO Conspiracies

Over the years, there have been several AIO conspiracies: goofs unresolved, mysterious stories left unanswered, and snippets of dialogue that are confusing and random at the same time. Here's a list of some that I've come up with, but you can add your own (Ridiculously stupid topic, I know, but, hey, I was bored.).

1. The Filmore Recreation Center Dispute: Back in Album 1, (well, technically before Album 1) Whit bought the Filmore Recreation Center to turn into Whit's End. He supposedly bought both the building and the surrounding land, but in Darkness Before Dawn, it was revealed that he had only purchased the building itself. The writers awkwardly attempted to explain the goof back in Album 50, but for some fans, it wasn't enough. So what do you think about this? Was it an intentional goof? Was Focus On the Famiily trying to send us a secret message? Did it have something to do with... Area 51? O.o I'll leave it up to you to decide.

2. Marus: Marus, AIO's version of Narnia that they keep coming back to in the Passages series, is the point where AIO starts to get really weird. It's a magical land that kids seem to arrive in completely at random. AIO has never even attempted to explain what the credentials are for getting into the land, much less how it even exists. Conspiracy theories continue to swirl, so share your thoughts.

3. "The Snowflake Incident": Back in Album 43 (Sunday Morning Scramble, to be exact), a mysterious "Snowflake Incident" was constantly mentioned by the Washington Family. It was apparently directly connected to Ed Washington, and was an incident of tremendous tragedy. Mark Christopher Lawrence, the actor who plays Ed, attempted to explain the incident on an Official Podcast, but his explanation, was, to say the least, inadequate. He claimed that "The Snowflake Incident" happened when Ed was a kid, but Marvin clearly stated in the episode that it happened "that one time when we were making snowflakes". So the question remains: why is AIO trying so hard to cover this up? Can it simply be explained away, or does it have a deeper meaning involving aliens and world domination?

4. Dr. Blackgaard's Death: Is he really dead? He's supposedly "come back to life" twice since we last heard from him (through a computer program in "Blackgaard's Revenge" and falsely in "I Slap Floor") so it's obvious that AIO still likes him as a character. But still, many questions linger on in our brains: Is he really dead? Why did the explosion kill him and not Jack? Did they ever find the body? How could he possibly create a computer program strong enough to sustain his life? We'll leave it up to you, the fans, to decide.

5. The Man Who "Wasn't Jared's Father": In "Strange Boy In A Strange Land", there's a mysterious man who calls Jared "Jim". Mandy confirms that it's not his father, and, with the conspiracy surrounding Jared's quick departure and mysterious comeback, it makes it all the more confusing. The man then apparently takes Jared away for a little while. Then Jared comes back to Odyssey as his usual self. So... who do you think the man was? Someone from the Witness Protection Program, someone from Andromeda, or someone else entirely, unrelated to both? I have a personal hunch that the man was actually a space alien doing scientific tests on Jared, but, um... your theories are probably great too. :?

6. Connie's Infamous "The Time Has Come" Line: In "The Time Has Come", the hugely inspiring episode where Eugene finally becomes a Christian, Connie says something rather odd and unexpected. Just as everyone is gathering around to pray with Eugene and Eugene mentions that Whit is missing, Connie replies: "Well, he's kind of here anyway." So... what do you guys think? Was Connie simply referring to Whit's spiritual or emotional form, or was Whit actually there in person, back from the Middle East, hiding in a closet as Eugene became a Christian? Was Connie the only one who knew about it and she was trying to drop hints to the rest of them? It's worth noting that, at the end of the episode, Whit seemed to know, based on his phone message to Eugene, that Eugene was about to become a Christian, or was ready to become a Christian. Hmm... Coincidence? As Whit would say, "there are no coincidences".

So, there you have it. That is the AIO Conspiracy vault. Feel free to add to it, because I know I've missed quite a few. Speculate about what all this has to do with Andromeda, the end of the world, and UFOs.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I think the snow flake incident was just where the Washingtons made snowflakes and Ed failed and ruined the Christmas party, or something lile that.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:
How could he possibly create a computer program strong enough to sustain his life?

It wasn't actually Blackgaard. It was a virus with his personality, but his actual spirit was long gone. It wasn't alive...just "artificial intelligence". Created with Blackgaard's considerable computer skills.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote: The Man Who "Wasn't Jared's Father": In "Strange Boy In A Strange Land", there's a mysterious man who calls Jared "Jim". Mandy confirms that it's not his father, and, with the conspiracy surrounding Jared's quick departure and mysterious comeback, it makes it all the more confusing. The man then apparently takes Jared away for a little while. Then Jared comes back to Odyssey as his usual self. So... who do you think the man was? Someone from the Witness Protection Program, someone from Andromeda, or someone else entirely, unrelated to both? I have a personal hunch that the man was actually a space alien doing scientific tests on Jared, but, um... your theories are probably great too. :?
He was a guy from the Witness Protection Program.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:

6. Connie's Infamous "The Time Has Come" Line: In "The Time Has Come", the hugely inspiring episode where Eugene finally becomes a Christian, Connie says something rather odd and unexpected. Just as everyone is gathering around to pray with Eugene and Eugene mentions that Whit is missing, Connie replies: "Well, he's kind of here anyway." So... what do you guys think? Was Connie simply referring to Whit's spiritual or emotional form, or was Whit actually there in person, back from the Middle East, hiding in a closet as Eugene became a Christian? Was Connie the only one who knew about it and she was trying to drop hints to the rest of them? It's worth noting that, at the end of the episode, Whit seemed to know, based on his phone message to Eugene, that Eugene was about to become a Christian, or was ready to become a Christian. Hmm... Coincidence? As Whit would say, "there are no coincidences".
He's there because....he's Whit. He's a part of Whit's End, and he was a huge part of leading Eugene to Christ, even though he wasn't there physically (and his actual spirit wasn't there either--it was with him in the Middle East. :)).

They can be fun to contemplate, but I normally have little patience for conspiracy theories if they're taken too seriously.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

And so it's fortunate that they're not taken seriously at all. :)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I am no fan of Conspiracies also some of them are interesting. Anyway, if Mr. Whitaker was a Time Lord everything could be explained.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

And how did Jack's body get pulled out of Whit's End in the first place? He didn't remember walking out.... O.o

6. The Blackgaard Brothers
In Album 15, a new owner buys the Harlequin Dinner Theatre. When Lucy Cunningham-Schultz arrives to interview him, she is aghast to discover that the owner is Dr. Regis Blackgaard!!! Seemingly, everything turns out all right. It is not Regis, but his innocent twin brother, Edwin. He claims that he did not know about Regis's shenanigans in the town. But why has he stayed when his theatre has done so poorly? Is he a mole for Regis? How did Regis know to come back when Whit, the bulwark of right and good in the town, was gone? Don't all twins have an implanted desire to have each others' backs? And don't they also have crazy telepathic abilities to know when he other is in trouble? You decide.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Ooh, good one, TOJ. How about a really obvious one?

8. Where's Odyssey?: The writers have never disclosed the location of Odyssey, for mysterious and unknown reasons. The Odyssey Scoop conducted a Where Odyssey Is Not Feature, and while that might have succeeded to answer that question, it failed to answer the more pressing one: Why is AIO so secretive about where Odyssey is? You could argue that the place where Odyssey was revealed to be would be swamped with fans all the time and that's why they want tell us, but this is conspiracy, so we're going to have to come up with something better. Perhaps AIO is trying to tell us that Odyssey isn't in a state at all, it is, in fact, in its own separate universe! O.o That would certainly explain the "Odyssey Time" quirk, another theory someone should post on here.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

*gasp*

In Day of the Doctor, the Doctors sealed Gallifrey away in it's own seperate universe!

Therefore, Odyssey is Gallifrey.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Um... okay. *shakes head disapprovingly at random Doctor Who reference he doesn't understand or really want to understand*
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:I am no fan of Conspiracies also some of them are interesting. Anyway, if Mr. Whitaker was a Time Lord everything could be explained.
It's been my person belief that Whit's a Time Lord for as long as I've watched Doctor Who and was old enough to see how he could be one. So, for a long time now. There's actually a pretty sweet story on Fanfiction.net about how Whit, Connie, Eugene, and Blackgaard are Time Lords, exiled to earth because they converted to Christianity (except Blackgaard, of course. He just took them there and then got stuck on earth). #offtopic

I've always wondered about Connie's line "He's kind of here anyway." But she was probably talking about how Whit's End is a part of Whit, therefore he's there with them.