Favorite AIO Album

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!

What era is your favorite AIO album in?

Albums 1 - 5
No votes
Albums 6 - 10
No votes
Albums 11 - 15
No votes
Albums 16 - 20
No votes
Albums 21 - 25
18%
Albums 26 - 30
No votes
Albums 31 - 35
No votes
Albums 36 - 40
18%
Albums 41 - 45
No votes
Albums 46 - 50
27%
Albums 51 - 55
9%
Albums 56 - 58
18%
One of those compilation thing-a-majigs
9%

Total votes: 11

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Favorite AIO Album

I'm not sure if this is a topic or not. Oh well, here goes.

What makes an AIO album great? Is it the ratio of good episodes to bad episodes? How well the album "flows"? An underlying theme or story? Or something else entirely? O.o Here's the place to vote on your favorite AIO album of all time. Since there are only 20 possible options in a poll, I've grouped the albums into eras. Just vote on one of the eras and be more specific in your actual post.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

57. It was the album that made AIO feel like it had regained its footing after the God-awful albums 51-55. excluding 55 and 53.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... I would disagree with you, but it's all just opinion anyway. My personal favorite is 50.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

My favorites are the Novacom as you know! But my favorite single album is either 25 or 49!
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I am the fan of 30's through to 49. The golden age of Odyssey.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

46-50, because all my favorite characters are there, and the town feels like the way I've always seen it—big enough to where there are plenty of things to do, but small enough to have that down-to-earth feel. I can't really explain what makes me see it that way, but I do. :) The community of Odyssey seems so close-knit and yet everyone is so independent. It's probably because there are so many storylines going on at the same time—Grady's family and his journey to Christ, Eugene's search for his father, Wooton's friendship with Grady, the Washingtons taking in Kelly, Mandy's parents separating, and the closure to Jason's government work (for the time being), which means that so many characters are incorporated and fleshed out in the context of each one that I feel like I know everyone that appeared in those albums on a more intimate level than I know the ones in the past.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

There isn't really a consistently good album. The sagas are good though. For me it'd be a tie between GRC and Blackgaard.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I beg to differ, Novatom. Albums like The Best Small Town, Darkness Before Dawn, Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes, and even minor works such as Other Times, Other Places, Wish You Were Here, and The Deep End were all comprised of quality episodes, the whole way through. I would say those are my 6 favorites. Top 3 are, in order: Darkness Before Dawn, Wish You Were Here, and The Best Small Town.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I meant "consistently" as in just about every episode in that album. I didn't mean the sagas. Those are consistently good.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

It actually is a whole lot harder to make an album full of quality one or two-parter episodes, than an album that is mostly or wholly comprised of a saga.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)