How Do You Imagine Odyssey?

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

How Do You Imagine Odyssey?

How do you imagine Odyssey? I think it's like my town, but bigger! No 'bad' neighborhoods! You can roll down your window and talk to people you never met! And Whit's End is like this huge Victorian house about 30 min away! It is a restaurant!
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I see Odyssey the same way, except I imagine it really tiny. Whit's End being at the end of the town, and a few houses circling around it.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I imagine it as Whit's End kind of on the edge of town, on a small hill, and McCalister Park beside it, with lots of tall pine trees and lots of benches, which looks out over the town of lots of nice houses and lawns and nice sidewalks and the Electric Palace a kind of huge warehouse-like building and the Harlequin Theater not far from it, a low one-story building....
How many people is Odyssey supposed to have in it? I heard it was 30,000 or something. Even with that 'small' of a town, it's not likely everyone would know everyone else, like sometimes it seems like, and that it would be safe for kids to walk just about anywhere. And if it's more like my town of 50,000, (also in the Midwest) that's even less likely. But Odyssey is Odyssey....and it's true that it isn't always safe. But for the most part it is, because it harks back to a simpler, more innocent time, like the 1950s, where kids didn't have to worry about dangers around every corner. It's nice that it's kind of the one oasis, the safe place where lots of problems occur of course but more scary dangers rarely happen--except when someone's trying to take over the world.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI