Saga Debate Thread

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I want to revive this topic, since it went nowhere after Belle integrated all the klubs. :evil: So, somebody say something about how the Novacom Saga is better than GRC so I can refute all their statements.
Haha. I will burn all those people with you. :evil:

We should toss all Twilight books.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I should he we all already have. I am happy to say that no Twilight book has ever cursed my bookshelf. Seriously, though, somebody get on here and post some flimsy, hackneyed argument about how Novacom is the BEST! (It doesn't have to be flimsy and hackneyed, that would just be preferable, when taking my rather poor debating skills into account. ;))
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Personally, I don't think there is a good way to compare them. Novacom and GRC are really apples and oranges to me. One is fast-paced and compacted, the other is (fairly) long-running and drawn-out. They were both trying to do something different in terms of storytelling. Arnold mentioned that longer does not necessarily equate to being better, and he's right, but for those who prefer a longer story, Novacom is more appealing; to those who prefer something quicker, GRC is better. I think that if you want to compare sagas, it ought to be Blackgaard vs. Novacom and GRC vs. Ties That Bind, since those sagas are more similar to each other in terms of storytelling style.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Alright, alright, I can mostly agree with that. Let's compare Novacom and Blackgaard then. Who thinks Novacom is better and why?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Hmmm I am actually kind of in the middle on those two. Each had their strength and weaknesses. Novacom was more connected than Blackgaard therefore it was way more complicated and engrossing. Blackguaard has some really good episodes and holds it's own as the classical saga.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Lol, Arnold, I have no clue what I meant. You asked for it, so I provided it. :-P It sounded like the kind of argument someone would make who actually cared. I don't think that statement made any sense at all.

Incidentally, one must define one's definition of what makes it "better". For some people, longer would, in fact, be better. I prefer Novacom because I think it's more interesting, but I don't care to argue over what makes it that way.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Actually, for some reason, I suspected your argument was meant to be sarcastic in its mediocrity, but I felt it would be rude to say, in case you actually were being serious. :P You're right: we should define "better".