Theme Song

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Theme Song

Do u all like Odyssey's new theme song? They've had it for a few albums though. write what your favorite theme song was
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

gabbygirl17 wrote:Do u all like Odyssey's new theme song? They've had it for a few albums though. write what your favorite theme song was

I liked the old theme better.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah me too it was lively and fast
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I love the new theme. It's s fantastic re-imagining of the original theme, and I applaud John Campbell for his creativity!

Seriously... it's awesome
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Aaron Wiley wrote:I love the new theme. It's s fantastic re-imagining of the original theme, and I applaud John Campbell for his creativity!

Seriously... it's awesome
Yeah he did do a good job
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Old is best!!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I like the Christmas theme song!!!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I like the old west and the Christmas ones.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

The Old West one, and the new theme.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The new theme is a wonderful effort. But I miss having the characters introduce the show. They've only had Whit do that once with the new theme. Wouldn't it be great if Matthew of Jay started introducing the show!? Scary thought: what kind of show intro would Red Hollard do?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:The new theme is a wonderful effort. But I miss having the characters introduce the show. They've only had Whit do that once with the new theme. Wouldn't it be great if Matthew of Jay started introducing the show!? Scary thought: what kind of show intro would Red Hollard do?

Haha i cant imagine! That would be supper cool if they did that! I also miss the characters introduction
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

gabbygirl17 wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:The new theme is a wonderful effort. But I miss having the characters introduce the show. They've only had Whit do that once with the new theme. Wouldn't it be great if Matthew of Jay started introducing the show!? Scary thought: what kind of show intro would Red Hollard do?

Haha i cant imagine! That would be supper cool if they did that! I also miss the characters introduction

I just noticed that on Child Play Eugene introduces the show.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wooton Bassett wrote:
gabbygirl17 wrote:

I just noticed that on Child Play Eugene introduces the show.
He does?! I'll have to listen to that one then! COol!
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I hope the writers keep having people introduce the show! Next time Connie!!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Of course, though, it makes sense that they'd shorten it. Very few shows have theme songs that last more than 20 seconds any more. When you have a theme approaching the 1 minute mark, it starts to feel too drawn out and slow paced for the 2012 child's mind. We're probably all used to the longer theme and like it more, but the target audience (8-12) probably couldn't care less for a longer theme song, they just want to get to the story!
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Against popular opinion, I really like the new theme. It's perfect for the new age of AIO, and it's also perfect for the 2010's. John Campbell really outdid himself with the new one. Has anyone noticed that Odyssey is in Campbell County and John Campbell is the composer?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Heck, the new theme is great. I just wish they could have brief character intros again. Perhaps it would make it too long, I don't know.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Yeah, character intros would be awesome!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage