I met THE Nathan Hoobler, and got a tour!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I met THE Nathan Hoobler, and got a tour!

That's right...that's exactly right.

Thanks to Bren; Limerick, underseasie, and I, got an Odyssey tour at Focus yesterday. :)
We recorded our own mini-episode in the KYDS radio station:
We got WodFamChocSods! FINALLY!!
We got the Odyssey tour from Nathan Hoobler himself!

In the control room for the recording of the Focus on the Family broadcast. :D
In the Foley room, here he is demonstrating the doors:
This is one of Whit's shoes.
He signed my official guide! :D
The front of the Administration building:
Did I ever mention how beautiful Colorado Springs is?
We had a great time!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

That is so cool: I really want to go there some time:)
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

So cool, GG! :D
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Helios
Butter Pecan

WHOOPEE!!! You looked like you had a great time. :D

BTW, LOVE your glasses frames. :D
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

This is in my Top 10 favorite topics. Those pictures are so cool, and I am completely needing out right now. Alas, not all of us are fortunate enough to galavant around the country, going to exciting locations with online friends. :(
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

This is amazing, Wren! :o That would be so fun! And the WodFamChocSods look great, too.

On another note, it was nice to see a picture of underseasie. (That is the first one posted, right?)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Helios
Butter Pecan

Nope, she posted some other ones on a different topic (forgive me, I can't remember which one) :D
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Kay, this is so awesome! That's so cool that you met Nathan! Great pictures! Glad you guys had a great time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wowww! Oh wow, wow, wow. Is it real?
How and why were you able to go there, Blondie? What do you mean by, "thanks to Bren"?
You won the Holy Grail, you finished the race, you conquered the dragon. Were you overcome with awe when you saw the building? How did you feel when you entered? Did you cry? Did you dance? Did you sing Communicate? How did the Wod Fam Choc Sods taste? They look so beautiful. Just how much more ethereal were they than anything else that had ever passed your lips?

You met Nathan Hoooobler! How tubular. How exactly did you meet him? Is he the one who's supposed to give the tours, or was it coincidence? It's not only absolutely incredibly mind-blowing, it's perfect, because he was a fan himself before AIO picked him up. He knows exactly the nerdy joy that comes over us. Those Focus halls are as hallowed to him as they are to us. What was he like?

You look quite lovely. Where's Limerick? I agree, OJ, it would be so awesome to go to the AIO Palace with an AIO pal. I'd pick Frog Face, of course. That would be Heavenly.

Rosy Posy, I concur with TS, it's great to see what you look like. And you're quite pretty. Say, what's with the big black stick you're holding in KYDS-Kids Radio? It looks like you're sweeping the floor. You got to go the best place on earth and they made you sweep?

Anyhoo, congratulations. You have our admiration and envy, and one day, I speak for all of us when I say, one day, we'll go there too.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

It WAS a lot of fun! :)
T.S. (myself) wrote:This is amazing, Wren! :o That would be so fun! And the WodFamChocSods look great, too.

On another note, it was nice to see a picture of underseasie. (That is the first one posted, right?)
There have been other pictures of Rosy in other places. :)
Pound Foolish wrote:Wowww! Oh wow, wow, wow. Is it real?
How and why were you able to go there, Blondie? What do you mean by, "thanks to Bren"?
You won the Holy Grail, you finished the race, you conquered the dragon. Were you overcome with awe when you saw the building? How did you feel when you entered? Did you cry? Did you dance? Did you sing Communicate? How did the Wod Fam Choc Sods taste? They look so beautiful. Just how much more ethereal were they than anything else that had ever passed your lips?

You met Nathan Hoooobler! How tubular. How exactly did you meet him? Is he the one who's supposed to give the tours, or was it coincidence? It's not only absolutely incredibly mind-blowing, it's perfect, because he was a fan himself before AIO picked him up. He knows exactly the nerdy joy that comes over us. Those Focus halls are as hallowed to him as they are to us. What was he like?

You look quite lovely. Where's Limerick? I agree, OJ, it would be so awesome to go to the AIO Palace with an AIO pal. I'd pick Frog Face, of course. That would be Heavenly.

Anyhoo, congratulations. You have our admiration and envy, and one day, I speak for all of us when I say, one day, we'll go there too.
Yes, it was very real.

I mean, thanks to Bren, because Limerick was visiting, and we are about an hour away from Colorado Springs, we were going to take a visit, so I asked Bren if he could use his connections to get us a meeting with someone, and he got us a tour! :D

I did not cry or dance. I was so nervous though, meeting him.

The WodFamChocSods were wonderful. :D

I am not sure about the tours thing, Bren talked to him, told me to call him, and he set up a tour with us. *shrugs*

Limerick is the one next to me in the last picture. In the green and purple sweater. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Oh. I thought he was your Dad.
Now, now, Blondie. I was just being honest. No need to... Blondie. Blondie? Ahhh! Help! Save me!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:Oh. I thought he was your Dad.
Now, now, Blondie. I was just being honest. No need to... Blondie. Blondie? Ahhh! Help! Save me!
O_o

You aren't the only one, so did the people at Focus... :P

For the record, I look a lotttt like my dad, including the blonde, and he's tall.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Blondie... I'm... I'm sorry... I know it's not funny, but... Ha ha ha! Oh my GOSH!
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:Blondie... I'm... I'm sorry... I know it's not funny, but... Ha ha ha! I my GOSH!
You your gosh? O_o

What the pickle is that supposed to mean?
Mara
Pistachio

Pound Foolish wrote:Is he the one who's supposed to give the tours, or was it coincidence
He and Brock give the tours. When we met Brock he said all we had to do was call in and he could give us a tour. Still haven't done it yet... :(
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Sarcastic: ha ha. Fixed.

Thanks, Mara. And that's a pity.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:Sarcastic: ha ha. Fixed.

Thanks, Mara. And that's a pity.
Uh huh. Sure.

Well, I suppose it is to be expected...I mean, at the movie theater when we went to see Frozen, the age limit for the adult ticket is 14, and the lady asked my age, so she would know if I should get an adult or kid's ticket. O_o

Back on topic.

I surprised Nathan with my knowledge of AIO trivia. Who knows how they do the Foley for Bernard's squeegee?
Newspapers. :yes:
Nathan asked, I answered correctly, and he (and Limerick) were surprised. xD
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

DUDE. Awesome! looks like you had a great time!
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24