Ahhh-ugh!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Yeah, she doesn't as much, but Camilla would sound a little strange.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Not really. Girl's voices don't necessarily change much. Besides, both Olivia's and Camilla's voices have changed since switching actresses. So I'm 100% with Ameraca, this is an outrageous outrage and we are outraged. (That wasn't even clever.)
And agreed on the Jimmy matter. Donna's voice did not change significantly, yet Jimmy's did.
Samantha14 wrote:Bite your tongue off and feed it to the squirrels, young one.
Froggy, may I please concur with that wise statement? Honestly, Noah, that's the first comment you make after more or less vanishing from the AIO discussions?
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm not saying they would change significantly, but they do change somewhat, though it wouldn't be a big deal.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The reason I don't like Matthew is because he's so dumb when it comes to technology. He pretends to be smart......but he's dumb. Just for example. He deleted those duplicate files from Whit's computer WITHOUT checking the extension first!!?? AND THEN HE ACTUALLY SAYS......that he deletes duplicate files from home all the time, implying that they are all the same extension. WHAT KIND OF PERSON....ehem....what kind of person doesn't make duplicates with different extensions. I mean....has Matthew seriously not even changed an .avi to a .mpeg4 or .mkv??!

Another thing, he backed up his DVR to a disc......not a USB........can you believe that!!? A DISC! Nobody uses discs anymore. (Except for outdated people who no technological intelligence) (no offense to anybody who uses discs)

I have plenty more to write about the awfulness of Matthew, but I'll stop here.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

The only time I use discs is to make DVDs of the church sermons for the older people at church (everyone there) who don't have the internet.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wretched Sinner wrote:Another thing, he backed up his DVR to a disc......not a USB........can you believe that!!? A DISC! Nobody uses discs anymore.
Is this a legitimate complaint? Are you serious? Many people where I live still use discs, and I myself would have no idea of how to use a USB flash drive. Yet I would say I'm sufficient when it comes to computers. Otherwise I wouldn't be on here.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

OH MY GOSH! I totes called it! For the longest time (For about two years now), I've been saying that Zack won't get to play Matthew! Not that I don't like Matthew or Zack, I think both are awesome, it's just that I'm a genius! B~| I was actually very surprised that they used him in Big Trouble Under The Big Top. Because his voice is so deep in that episode! Well, not so deep, but you know what I mean. XD

But it is very sad that he won't be playing Matthew anymore. Mostly for continuity sake. Zack will be missed.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

WHATT!!?? Very sad. I agree with what ya'll are sayin about why Matthew can't be on the show even though his voice is changing. I hope Matthew isn't gone for good!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

How were you so certain, Nelson? They kept Andy Pessoa after all.
Nah, Gabby, despite people's worrying there's no chance they'll get rid of Matthew, brother of Camilla and Olivia and best friend of Emily. It would simply be too incongruous. Of course, the irony is, since they'll have to replace Zach, Matthew will sound entirely different anyway.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:How were you so certain, Nelson? They kept Andy Pessoa after all.
Nah, Gabby, despite people's worrying there's no chance they'll get rid of Matthew, brother of Camilla and Olivia and best friend of Emily. It would simply be too incongruous. Of course, the irony is, since they'll have to replace Zach, Matthew will sound entirely different anyway.
Yeah, very good point. I don't think they could get ride of Matthew, especially the type of role he plays.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was fairly positive that they would get rid of Zach Callison since his voice gets deeper with every new album. But with Andy Pessoa, his voice has been the same since album 54.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Nelson S. wrote:I was fairly positive that they would get rid of Zach Callison since his voice gets deeper with every new album.
Now I want to hear this for myself. Can anyone make a clip montage? :D
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Maybe I will...if I ever get around to putting my cds onto my computer.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Please do, Evil Clone. That would be interesting...

Even if Matthew now sounds utterly different than he did when recording 57, it gets kinda old, this kicking-out-a-voice routine. A voice changes, they get rid of the actor, it's a sad experience for the team, the fans are crushed. Not seeing much benefit to anyone here.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

In my usual role of the "Let's Not Be Too Hasty," let me explain the other side of the coin.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, PF. Little boys turn into men, and in doing so, it only follows that their voices would change from little boy voices to deep, resounding tones. The AIO team, it seems, is distorting the natural order so that they may dictate their characters' lives.

But, things aren't the same as they used to be. Jimmy Barclay aged very much on the show, and even Jack Davis and the DeWhite boys, to a smaller extent. However, when those episodes were being made, two or three albums a year were being produced. That way, we heard the voice change from beginning to end. This was a lot fuller than what happens now. Now, because there are only two albums a year, in which that certain character may not be in most episodes, the change happens a lot faster to us, when in the real world it is going on just at the normal pace. Instead of making more episodes so these changes may be shown in greater detail, the AIO team is trying to supplement with other actors to keep the voices young-sounding until they see fit for them to change.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hrm, that is a good point. I never thought of that. Still, ultimately, what real harm could it cause to the show if Zach stayed? Sure, it would seem like a sudden change, it sounded a bit sudden with Barrett too. It wasn't all that gradual with Jimmy either, his voice sounded decidedly unlike his previous one in the course of just one or two episodes. So yes, the team now has fewer episodes to work with and things seem to happen faster, but is that a real problem?
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

Well, if they made Matthew a teenager they would have to make Emily and Oliva and Camilla and Connie and EVERYONE be different because it would make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to change Matthew but not change everyone else to make them sound older. Even just using a slightly deeper voice would probably make them sound just a bit older..
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

@PF: I didn't say it was a problem. I'm just trying to see the situation from their point of view, no matter how strange it may be. :mrgreen:
Helios
Butter Pecan

I think Matthew would sound really cute as a teenager...

And on a completely unrelated note:

Poundy, I love great isosceles triangles! You should make a forum called that... ;)
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

I have always imagined Matthew as a teenager.
He seems like one to me, most what he does is not something a little boy would do. But then again, he is just like Jimmy when Jimmy was little, (and you could tell Jimmy was little!)

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!