Odyssey Conundrums

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Odyssey Conundrums

Have you ever thought about those random little things in Odyssey that are never explained? For instance:

Why does nobody crawl up through Wooton's exit slide?
Why does Whit still have high levels of government clearance?
If Whit always steals Jack's girlfriends, why didn't he steal Emily?
How many women was Bill really married to?
Why did Benny Marks and Lou Dodsworth plant a bomb in the Scheinmholtz building as revenge against Dern for taking their show off the air, when Connie as a little girl listened to their show in LA?
Why are Mikhail Gorbachev, James Dobson, and Andy Griffith known in Odyssey, and nothing else from the real world?
Is Odyssey actually a parallel dimension, or are we fictional characters in a radio drama, and they are real?

Feel free to add more, and discuss!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Why does nobody crawl up through Wooton's exit slide?
My question is, "Can burglars get into Wooton's house through the slide?"
^^ Props to Belle ^^
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

That's partially what I meant. If he has this big slide sticking out of his house, somebody could climb up through it.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:That's partially what I meant. If he has this big slide sticking out of his house, somebody could climb up through it.
I always thought that there was a covering on the slide from the inside and you can push it from the inside, but not from the outside so if someone crawled up the slide they wouldn't be able to open the covering.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

The Old Judge wrote: If Whit always steals Jack's girlfriends, why didn't he steal Emily?
Because Whit had Jenny. Jack didn't realize he loved Emily until after he dated Jenny. So Whit found his wife, he didn't need to steal Jack's girlfriend because he had "the one".
Odyssey Fan Wiley
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Here's another one:

If Bernard had children, did he act curmudgeonly around them?
Why would Eugene's grandfather put Leonard's commemorative tombstone Ina church cemetery, instead of a nonsectarian one, since the Meltsners had no religious affiliation?
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Why would Eugene's grandfather put Leonard's commemorative tombstone Ina church cemetery, instead of a nonsectarian one, since the Meltsners had no religious affiliation?
Perhaps Eugene's grandfather become religious in his later years.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

The Old Judge wrote:Why are Mikhail Gorbachev, James Dobson, and Andy Griffith known in Odyssey, and nothing else from the real world?
Is Odyssey actually a parallel dimension, or are we fictional characters in a radio drama, and they are real?
Ahh OJ, that's simple.

"... Because we have now just crossed over into.... The Twilight Zone."
Last edited by Stella C. on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Stella C. wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:Why are Mikhail Gorbachev, James Dobson, and Andy Griffith known in Odyssey, and nothing else from the real world?
Ahh OJ, that's simple.

"... Because we have now just crossed over into the Twilight Zone."
Stella, you are AWESOME. :D
^^ Props to Belle ^^
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

"Is Odyssey actually a parallel dimension, or are we fictional characters in a radio drama, and they are real? "
a mix of both. they listen to us on the radio, and we listen to them, we are both parallel dimensions.
stella, its "twilife" zone,

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

One I just happened to find while listening today.

Why does Lisa Mulligan wear Coke bottle glasses if she's blind? (The episode says she's legally blind, but other references allude that she can't see anything.)
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:One I just happened to find while listening today.

Why does Lisa Mulligan wear Coke bottle glasses if she's blind? (The episode says she's legally blind, but other references allude that she can't see anything.)
That is strange. :geek:
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Aftershocker wrote:

well, lots of blind people wear dark glasses.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:
Aftershocker wrote:

well, lots of blind people wear dark glasses.
These are coke bottle. Not dark.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

to quote Wooton "why is there a s in 'Lisp'? and why is phonetically such a hard word to spell?"
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

GUYS!! All these can be answered with what Stella said: We have now just crossed over into the "Twilife Zone."
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

My grandmother is legally blind, but she can see fine with really strong prescription glasses. That might be what they meant. I haven't actually listened to anything with Lisa in it, so I could definitely be wrong.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

@GrateiDei: In the Mulligans' first episode, Tom Riley makes it sound as I'd she can hardly see at all.

With Eugene being as smart as he is, not realize in The Last Days of Eugene Meltsner that triotoma was an insect disease?

Why are there only two or three kids at Whit's End at a time in the video series?
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:
Why are there only two or three kids at Whit's End at a time in the video series?
HAHA this made my day :lol:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Why are there only two or three kids at Whit's End at a time in the video series?
Perhaps the video series takes place during the Pre-W.E. phase. There were too few kids around to make a multi-plot radio show, so they made a video series to kill the time.
~ Walker in Dreams