AIO Marketing

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

AIO Marketing

How do you guys feel about AIO marketing as of late? It seems to me that all they are doing is a bunch of cheesy contests. Along the contests line, think about this. When the AIO ambassadors are named, they'll be shoved down our throats like Shona has been with the commercials. If you think about the Odyssey Adventure Club, that kind of has to be released before they release the download version of album 57. As a fellow fan site creator pointed out, if the album points to a club that isn't there, they will lose money. That crushes the hearts of millions *cough* who were expecting the album this week and let's hope they still go with that. My point is this is not the AIO I grew up loving. The official podcast has changed a lot and I haven't found it as informative about the show itself as of late. It just irks me and I'm curious what others think.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

You have absolutely no idea how much I agree with you, Bren.

I don't particularly like to listen to OAIOP anymore because all they do is just give out the same information they've been telling us about for a while. I get more information about AIO from Roy's newscast on Audio Theatre Central. :P Don't get me wrong, I love ATC, but I would like to hear a little information from the official podcast. O.o

As far as the contests go... <.< ... >.> ... Never mind. I won't delve too deeply into my thoughts on the contests...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I agree with you as well, Bren, and I'm pleased someone has finally said something about this. I stopped following the Official Podcast around the time they released their 6th Get In the Show "Update". I was annoyed AIO was trying to create so much hype for an actress who would only appear in one three-parter. This "Odyssey Adventure Club" idea just made my eyes roll; it seemed like something a stuffed animal company would do, but I suppose I shouldn't judge it too much without much info. I do love the new episodes and albums the Official Podcast is talking about, I just wish the format could be as interesting as it once was. Perhaps I'll follow Nelson and turn to ATC for AIO news.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
OdysseyFan
Chocolate Chip

marketing has gone downhill since Brock left, no new products lately, and supposedly some really good stuff was in the works for this summer, like AIO Flip-Flops and a WE Apron.... but seriously a Calendar every year is no-brainer. Christmas Ornaments would be nice... and cell phone ring tones would sell right? besides not being able to get an AIO Pen in years, posters have dwindled since 2008... nothing new but the promo artwork for bookstores, that they refuse to sell.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

OdysseyFan wrote:marketing has gone downhill since Brock left, no new products lately, and supposedly some really good stuff was in the works for this summer, like AIO Flip-Flops and a WE Apron.... but seriously a Calendar every year is no-brainer. Christmas Ornaments would be nice... and cell phone ring tones would sell right? besides not being able to get an AIO Pen in years, posters have dwindled since 2008... nothing new but the promo artwork for bookstores, that they refuse to sell.
Calendars: Oh yeah!

And AIO pen would be really neat, same with a journal or notebook, and folders too.

(And I'd love an AIO paper doll book..but I'm not holding my breath)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~