Odyssey Memorization (and Other Weird Exhibits of Fandom)

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Old Judge wrote:Question: What do you mean by "commercials....Shona's voice?"

Also, can you even recite the Canadian address that nobody ever remembers?
I can remember the Canadian address more than the USA one. o.o Too bad I don't live in Canada. =p

I can sort-of remember title names. I can quote entire episodes. I can remember most any character. Etc, etc, etc. Oi, I need help.

Actually I don't. I'm obsessed and I like it that way. B]
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Renae wrote:YES! *highfives* Recently we are finding so many stuff that we agree on, My Star... Weird O.o

I always say B6B :O Is it V6V?!
I'm not sure O.o
The Old Judge wrote:Really? I thought Shona's voice was pretty. No matter what, you have to put up with it in the 3-part Life Expectancies. (Coming soon to a station near you.)
It was pretty.. Until, maybe, the 15th commercial.
But, that is true....
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Stella C. wrote:It was pretty.. Until, maybe, the 15th commercial.
HAHA!! This comment made me laugh out loud, Star! :lol:

But I agree. She has a very nice voice, but I don't think its the voice for commercials :x
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Garrett'sBiggestFan
Vanilla

Stella C. wrote:Chris's voice* "And in Canada write to, Box 98 hundred, Vancouver BC, V6V4G3" Note, I'm not sure if its supposed to be B6B, or V6V...
I think it's V6B4G3
I love my Fluffy Socks!
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

But hopefully her voice won't be as hyper in the episode as in the commercial.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I wish, we don't get Odyssey where we are. I've actually only heard AIO on the radio once or twice in my life, when we were on a long trip.
I could recite a lot of the adds too...
"Just about everything you need to know about Adventures in Odyssey is on Whit's End, dot orrr-rg! Llllog on too-day!"
After a while of listening to Odyssey online, there's adds you like to hear (like that add for Clanging Cymbals with Dave Arnold and Olivia) and adds you can't stand (the Clubhouse adds. "There's so much fun packed in, you'll wonder how we keep it from exploding!!! *Boom!*" Ugh. Go away!)
As to Shona, Anya should have won, but Shona's alright... One gets rather excited about her. The Odyssey fandom just nerds out at the winner of a nationwide Odyssey contest, one of the highlights of Odyssey history... I mean, part of you just wants to wave little flags and one of those giant hand-things.
Should we start an Odyssey adds topic?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hey, stroke of inspiration. What if there was a version of Lucky Charms, with the Odyssey characters as the marshmallows? How would that ad go?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
I<3ODYSSEY
Vanilla

Right now I am learning Something Cliqued Between Us
plus you can download and print scripts from the Odyssey Scoop

http://www.odysseyscoop.com/features/downloads.htm
Thorin Oakeshield
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Colorado Springs Colorado 80995 is what I can remember. I can also remember a seen from "The Buck Starts Here" (my favorite AIO episode) and part of the Canadian address. I can remember part of the first scene in "Do or Diet" too.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

My sister and I have pretty much memorized all of Do or Diet.

"Well, if he's the answer to the prayer, I don't even want to know what you've been praying for."

SO GOOD. Uhhh...I guess I know album names chronologically.

Hey, is there anyone out there who's memorized...EPISODE NUMBERS??? I would be super duper impressed.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Um... I know "Ice Fishing" is #100, "How To Sink a Sub" is #700, and "500" is, well, #500. That's about it... :? Are you impressed?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

I don't know if I have whole episodes down but I always annoy my parents while I'm listening to episodes cause here and there I'll say like 3-4 lines with the characters and my parents say, "if you know all the episodes why do keep listening to them?" :D I find myself quoting episodes without realizing it every now and then. :)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Though this topic is old, it deserves to be revived. It was good.

I know coloring is, by social customs, meant to be for 2-10 year olds, but I still do it occasionally. And I can make a pretty fine picture, too. Early in the past year (2013) I was waiting to leave the church, since certain members of my family were being slow, so I got on the Odyssey Scoop and printed out a coloring page. It was Jack Allen, since he was my favorite. I looked up the colored picture on the AIOWiki, and I colored it to the letter. (Except his shoes. I used the wrong shade of brown, and I was upset.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

OJ... Oh... my... goodness.... Loudly proclaimed euphemisms escape me.
For me, Yeslew, the line I say without realizing it's an AIO quote is, "Cease and desist, you contrary machine." It just expresses ones frustration with an uncooperative cd player, computer or what have you so perfectly that it's just become a regular part of my vocabulary.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Oh. My. We have virtually memorized every commercial, and the address, and large hunks of episodes. We'll just break out into mouthing quotes at each other when someone mentions any topic about which we memorized a quote (which is a lot!). How fun having a family that quotes Odyssey.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Hmmm. Well, for about two years of my life (6-8 or so) I only had about 2 AIO albums, Album 14 and album 9, and I listened to them ALL. THE. TIME. So if I listen to any of those episodes, I could still say the lines along with the characters. I couldn't just spout it off right now, but if it was playing, I could match them. :P
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I got bored this week, so I got myself a piece of notebook paper, and in two nice columns, I wrote the names of all the Adventures in Odyssey albums to pass the time. (Again. :roll: ) But this time, for the life of me, I couldn't remember the name of Album 38. I spent about fifteen minutes racking my brain for the name. A friend if mine asked me what I was thinking of, and when I told him I couldn't remember one of the AIO album names, he said, "NERD!" After a few more minutes it hit me, and I told him, "Battle Lines!"
sing
Raspberry Ripple

You know what is great about memorizing odyssey, is playing taboo with your sisters and brothers against another family. We always dominate! :twisted: My favorite quote is "uh oh! Where's the little stripey one? I thought there was a stripey one in there!!!! ugggg. HOW DO THE JAPANESE DO THAT?!?" We randomly say that at our house. :)

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Stella C. wrote:
*Chris's voice* "And in Canada write to, Box 98 hundred, Vancouver BC, V6V4G3" Note, I'm not sure if its supposed to be B6B, or V6V...
I'm pretty sure it's B6B4G3.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Pound Foolish wrote:OJ... Oh... my... goodness.... Loudly proclaimed euphemisms escape me.
Exclaimed.
Loudly exclaimed euphemisms escape me! That IS a lot of money!
We quote that a lot.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates