Odyssey's Spoofs on Other Media

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Of course he's in his own special category. nor did I mean to imply AIO ripped anyone off. I assure you, they are not in the habit of that.

But Captain Absolutely is loosely modeled after Super Man. As i said, it's fairly obvious. You don't need to be a huge super man fan to see it. For example, "truth, justice, and lots more truth" instead of "truth, justice, and the American way."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I can honestly say I do not remember hearing that in a long time. Very vaguely I can remember hearing that phrase once, maybe. But I never knew they spoofed that. Thanks, PF.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

I love Bill Crosby in 'The Present Long Ago', along with the other spoofed characters! xD And then there's Space Wars; Wooton's pet bird Doctor What ("I was going to name him Doctor Who but I'm pretty sure that's copyrighted.") I love Wooton; but he's been in too many episodes lately, I liked it when there was only two Wooton episodes per Volume.
It’s not about the stand we take, but the grace we give
It’s not about the name we make, but the life we live
Heard about a King who stepped down, took my place
True Love gave His life away
It’s love that lights the way
~Family Force 5
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Blind Justice was a spoof on Twelve Angry Men.
(Which is odd that we saw the movie before the episode. Usually it's the other way around, and we're like "Hey! There was an Odyssey episode about this!")
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think my favorite of the spoofs from "The Present Long Ago" was Arnold Schwarzenbanger. "Of course you did this. That's because I am so massively perfect. In my movies I need a whole stunt man just to play my left arm!" I also liked Bill Crosby, though I didn't really get a whole lot out of the Colimbo-Columbo parody.

Also, apparently "The Coolest Dog" was a Whole Plot Reference to "This Is Spinal Tap", a (rather inappropriate) documentary about a rock band—it was originally even going to be called "Spinal Trent".
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

In the makes a reference to Pin Tweaks, which is an obvious spoof on the tv show Twin Peaks
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

TigerShadow wrote: Also, apparently "The Coolest Dog" was a Whole Plot Reference to "This Is Spinal Tap", a (rather inappropriate) documentary about a rock band—it was originally even going to be called "Spinal Trent".
Really? I never noticed that one. And the correct term is rockumentary, or, in Spinal Tap's case mockumentary. =P

Anyway, I"m not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but one of my favorites was from "I Slap Floor" where Edwin Blackgaard references the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel work in a candy factory. And of course the classic Star Trek parody of Hidden In My Heart (it's a lot more funny after having watched a few episodes of the original Star Trek).
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.