Fanfiction

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Fanfiction

Anyone write any Odyssey fanfiction? What are your thoughts about it in general? Do you like to read it? If you write it, do you find it fun or hard or both?

I thought about it for ages and only started writing Odyssey stories last December. So far they feature Jason and are not exactly meant for 'younger listeners'. :)

I personally think there should be more fanfiction out there! So far, I've had a hard time finding it.

-- Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 pm --

Any favorites among the ones you have read?

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Well, I have a fan fiction spot on my blog about Jason and Mitch being secret agents. Also, not meant for younger listeners
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I just read that! It was good. I want to know what happens next!

SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I LOVE fan fiction!! One of my favorites (That isn't by my friend, cuz she writes amazing stories) is a story about Bryan Dern having a heart attack. It's a very touching story.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I'd like to read that! What site is it on?

Jason
Cookies & Creme

I love fanific too. It's so much fun having the power to do what you think should happen in the show and read what others do too.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Unfortunately, I've never been a big fan of fanfiction. I've written a Jones & Parker Detective mystery before, but I don't know where the file is. Otherwise I would share it with you.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:Here it is Ameraka: http://www.odysseyscoop.com/chickensoup ... heroes.htm
That is a good story. Kinda sad, but good.

-- Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 pm --
Nelson S. wrote:Unfortunately, I've never been a big fan of fanfiction. I've written a Jones & Parker Detective mystery before, but I don't know where the file is. Otherwise I would share it with you.
If you ever find it, or write one in the future, be sure to share it! ;)

SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Yeah, It's very sad, but it shows an interesting side of Bryan Dern.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Yes, it does. I like him as a character. I wish he were on more. :)

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Fan-fiction is one of those things in life that is just plain fun. It's such a nerdy way to fool around, express yourself, and most importantly, come to get to know the characters a bit better.
If you haven't seen it, Amerka, I have some fan fiction I'm working on in The Gallery. Oh, and I do enjoy your fan-fiction, it's very heartfelt.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I absolutely love fanfiction. Period. I really have to agree with PF here, it does give a chance to not only explore different angles to a character, but really explore your creativity in writing as well. Characters you figured could only be one demension, could be given an entirely new direction all thanks to your perspective. Plus, it gives you a chance to be in the writers seat. If you were writing AIO, what would YOU do? You really get to see what your imagination can do.

I've written some, and I'm currently in the middle of one, so it's been fun. =)
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I've written one based on a dream I had. It's on my Odyssey website: www.aioupsandspecs.weebly.com. Tell me what you think!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I liked it. Though it was rather stressful; I breathed a sigh of relief when it ended how it did. :) Connie seemed rather out of character, but it made sense in the end. How much of it was from the dream?

BTW, I wish I had more Odyssey dreams. I had one, that I (vaguely) remember...something with Jason running around, doing something (wish I remembered more :)

Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I have written a sorta fan fiction short story... I might post it at some points ;)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Ooh! The more the better. :)

Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Here's a link to the gallery where I posted my fan fiction :)
http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... =23&t=1657
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ashley, that was a fun read. Your attention to grammar refreshes the picky writer's soul, and the humor just jumps out at you and makes you chortle. And a crush between Connie and Jason's kids! Awww-awww. I must also congratulate you on your excellent use of beats and attributes.
A few critiques and questions though. Are you just putting your idea of the characters? Having fun with them? Or were you trying to be accurate to their actual personalities? Right from the beginning, the characters act differently than they would in real life. Whit wouldn't "splutter" at Connie's walking in with Jeff. Certainly not before he really knew what was going on. He exhibited far less self control than is normal for him in that scene. Especially when he asks, "When's the wedding?" like a gossipy highschool girl. He has no idea how long Jeff and Connie have been together or if they even have marriage in sight, and then he just comes out and asks that awkward question? And Connie wouldn't just answer if someone acted like that, she'd giggle all over herself and then be a bit mad.
So, are you just fooling around with the characters? Because if they're not meant to be their real-selves but instead your reinterpretation of them, which can be quite fun, you did excell-lently. But if not, you might want to polish things up a bit.
In any case, this is impressive work. Remarkably entertaining, and daringly dark.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ameraka wrote:I liked it. Though it was rather stressful; I breathed a sigh of relief when it ended how it did. :) Connie seemed rather out of character, but it made sense in the end. How much of it was from the dream?

BTW, I wish I had more Odyssey dreams. I had one, that I (vaguely) remember...something with Jason running around, doing something (wish I remembered more :)
Hahaha wow! Glad you liked it. Everything was from the dream, except the part where Whit watches John and Joel while Connie is at the hospital and the part where they get there and Eugene and Katrina are there. And of course all the talking is made-up, except where Whit says "I told you so". I'll never forget that. And I should mention that this was a TV episode, not a radio :)

-- Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 pm --
Pound Foolish wrote:Ashley, that was a fun read. Your attention to grammar refreshes the picky writer's soul, and the humor just jumps out at you and makes you chortle. And a crush between Connie and Jason's kids! Awww-awww. I must also congratulate you on your excellent use of beats and attributes.
A few critiques and questions though. Are you just putting your idea of the characters? Having fun with them? Or were you trying to be accurate to their actual personalities? Right from the beginning, the characters act differently than they would in real life. Whit wouldn't "splutter" at Connie's walking in with Jeff. Certainly not before he really knew what was going on. He exhibited far less self control than is normal for him in that scene. Especially when he asks, "When's the wedding?" like a gossipy highschool girl. He has no idea how long Jeff and Connie have been together or if they even have marriage in sight, and then he just comes out and asks that awkward question? And Connie wouldn't just answer if someone acted like that, she'd giggle all over herself and then be a bit mad.
So, are you just fooling around with the characters? Because if they're not meant to be their real-selves but instead your reinterpretation of them, which can be quite fun, you did excell-lently. But if not, you might want to polish things up a bit.
In any case, this is impressive work. Remarkably entertaining, and daringly dark.
I was just having fun with them. And I was just writing a script for what really happened in my dream, so they wouldn't have acted like that in real Odyssey. Yeah, I know I did Whit a little differently, but hey, it was his dream! ;)