AIO Club Upgraded!

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

AIO Club Upgraded!

As most of us probably know, the Adventures in Odyssey Club (along with the official site) underwent some major updates on July 18th. Check out this page to see some of the new stuff and changes that were made.

In addition to an entirely new site design, some of the new features include the option to create playlists, badges for listening to episodes, parental controls, the ability to mark episodes as favorite, unlimited downloads for offline listening, and more! I must say, some of these features are pretty cool.

However, it seems as though a bunch of technical issues have come up during this launch of the updated Club. A video was released in which AIO Club producer Bob Smithouser and content producer Evan David give an overview of some of the technical problems they've been having and how they recommend troubleshooting:
What does everyone think about this new redesign to the AIO Club? What are some things you like and dislike? Are you having any technical issues with the new Club? Do you think the team will be able to resolve all the problems? Do you think that the Club even needed to be updated in the first place? Do you think that these changes will create an overall better experience for Club members?

I'm interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this, so let's discuss!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
jubihm09
Vanilla

That sounds amazing!!! I think the club needed it!!! I genuinely think it helped the club. I like how they show like the characters that are in the episode and stuff. No technical problems here! I do think the club needed the update and it will improve the overall usage of the club!
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

I love all the additional artwork they're adding. Some of the characters look a little different to how they've previously been depicted, but it's great to see more of characters like Mitch, Bernard and Joanne. The artwork for 1-50, 51-100, etc looks great. the Darkness before Dawn and Novacom art would look great as posters. I have mixed feelings about some of the artwork being updated,

After reading 'Meteroite Mayhem' I wondered if it was a multi=part episode cancelled due to Will's passing, The scenes with Eugene and Dalton in particular seem to indicate this. though we do now have full pictures of Leonard and Dalton, the latter of whom seems to have put on a few pounds. (I love how they redid the clubhouse cover with Buck in place of Robbie, indicating that Leonard does indeed know about Buck.)
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

djchatswithu wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:58 pm
I love all the additional artwork they're adding. Some of the characters look a little different to how they've previously been depicted, but it's great to see more of characters like Mitch, Bernard and Joanne. The artwork for 1-50, 51-100, etc looks great. the Darkness before Dawn and Novacom art would look great as posters. I have mixed feelings about some of the artwork being updated,
This is a matter of opinion, but I can't say that I am too happy with all their "new" art. I do like the idea, but I wish they would just have Gary Locke do new art rather than having someone Photoshop existing art. Some of them do not look that great, such as "The Shepherd and the Giant," which is the cover for an Imagination Station book with Connie's head stuck on one of the bodies. Or "The Treasure of LeMonde!" :noway: It's fine when the episodes already have art, such as "Heroes," "The Prodigal, Jimmy," "And When You Pray...," but I don't think there should be art for the episodes unless it's going to look good.
Sorry about the rant. :o

As for the rest of the new Club, the Randomizer is great. It's nice that they have a section for all their trivia games. I haven't had very much time lately to explore it (or to post on here), so I don't have much else to say at the moment. :anxious:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:27 pm
djchatswithu wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:58 pm
This is a matter of opinion, but I can't say that I am too happy with all their "new" art. I do like the idea, but I wish they would just have Gary Locke do new art rather than having someone Photoshop existing art. Some of them do not look that great, such as "The Shepherd and the Giant," which is the cover for an Imagination Station book with Connie's head stuck on one of the bodies. Or "The Treasure of LeMonde!" :noway: It's fine when the episodes already have art, such as "Heroes," "The Prodigal, Jimmy," "And When You Pray...," but I don't think there should be art for the episodes unless it's going to look good.
Sorry about the rant. :o
Yeah, that's where I have mixed feelings. I haven't checked them all out, but 'The Treasure of LeMonde" one seemed a little off. Some of the art in the metorite story was clearly photoshopped, (especially the shots at Whits End) but then they were probably racing to get it done by the release date. some of the art has also been updated, such as 'Idol Minds" which I'm not sure was necessary.