Random things that make you think of AiO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I was at camp these past ten days and I asked one of the counselors who his favorite author was and he said G. K. Chesterton, which made me think of "The Triangle". Whit and Jenny rave about G. K. Chesterton. LOL
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I met a young man yesterday with the last name of Nagel. I kept turning the name over in my mind thinking, "Nagel, Nagel......It sounds so familiar......." Then it hit me this morning. Someone to Watch Over Me, one of my favorite AIO episodes of all time. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I was watching Young Justice season 2 episode 6 "Bloodlines" when I realized that Bart Allen is played by the same guy who plays Vance!
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
iggycat16
Vanilla

ICE CREAM !!!!! aNYONE WANNA CHAT
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Hi iggycat nice to met you go to the introduction page so we can welcome you
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

And don't talk in all caps, that is regarded on here as spam. Sorry to inform you of that.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:And don't talk in all caps, that is regarded on here as spam. Sorry to inform you of that.
Yes that to and make sure your on topic someone could report you (da da daaaa) read the rules it will help it did for me it is very nice to met you I am Katie (I think i did this but I am going to do it again sorry)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I saw a license plate yesterday that said WHITS!

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

My dad picked up a Mickey's Christmas movie out of the sale bin for my 11-month old sister. We watched it, (me because I was analyzing the animation), and guess who showed up in the credits! Alan Young and Corey Burton! They each had like two lines, Alan as Uncle ScroogeDuck and Corey as Dale the Squirrel. Of course, I wasn't paying attention to either of those characters so I rewound the entire movie to their parts, just to hear them.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Awww that is so cool. I always like seeing the old actors in movies. For instance, Walker Edmiston was in a Little House on the Prairie episode. Obviously, Andy Griffith show because Hal Smith was the town drunk (oh what's his name?!?!?)
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, that's great! Speaking of Alan Young, I went to LA last year and I just happened to stumble upon Alan Young's star on the ground. It was only a few months after he died as well, so that added to the speciallness(?) of the moment.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh cool! *Specialness :)
Jo March
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Anyone saying 'Soda Shop(pe)' I forget that it's an actual thing?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

AAHHH here's another one! We were watching this movie with Jim Carey in it called The Truman Show. About halfway through the movie, they showed a television commercial as part of the plot (very long story but it was a great movie), anyway, the announcer was Earl Boen! He had a ton of lines for that little section!
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Jo March wrote:Awww that is so cool. I always like seeing the old actors in movies. For instance, Walker Edmiston was in a Little House on the Prairie episode. Obviously, Andy Griffith show because Hal Smith was the town drunk (oh what's his name?!?!?)
Otis Campbell... he was hilarious!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I keep seeing that new Mario Odyssey game and when every I see it I start humming aio! Its embarising some times.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

We have a Christmas tradition every year, my uncle comes to our house in the morning (usually in the middle of our own opening-gifts time), dressed as one of the Wise Men.
He gives each person "gold" (chocolate coin) and "frankincense/myrrh" (scented soap, hand sanitizer, etc.). This year, he gave my little brother (age 11) some AXE body spray instead of hand sanitizer. Aerosol can.

Said brother had never owned body spray, nor, apparently, an aerosol can. So this morning, my sister (Connie G.) came into the living room saying, "WHY does it smell SO MUCH LIKE DUDE in there???" Turns out little bro had sprayed the stuff into the air in our shared (all 5 of us) bedroom, like air freshener, just to see what it smelled like.
A lot of the stuff.
Aha, I thought, yours truly to the rescue. I grabbed my can of Apple Cinnamon Glade and shook it up.
Connie G. said, "NOOOO! No air freshener wars! You'll make it smell like... Herd Of Cows!!" We were both, of course, thinking of Kelly and Tamika, and she was laughing and protesting at the same time.
Well, I tried anyway.
Another sister (Okie) says, "Huh, yeah, that's better than it was before."
"At least now it's not Herd Of Guys." :P
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

whenever anyone writes or says "salutations" I think of Eugene :P
Aha suh dude
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Okay so, my older sister bought a hair dye kit the other day, and it was supposed to turn her hair 'Burgundy,' but it's more purple than she anticipated, and it reminds us both of when Connie tried to dye her hair raspberry chestnut so much. :P It almost could be raspberry chestnut on the box, too.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:We have a Christmas tradition every year, my uncle comes to our house in the morning (usually in the middle of our own opening-gifts time), dressed as one of the Wise Men.
He gives each person "gold" (chocolate coin) and "frankincense/myrrh" (scented soap, hand sanitizer, etc.). This year, he gave my little brother (age 11) some AXE body spray instead of hand sanitizer. Aerosol can.

Said brother had never owned body spray, nor, apparently, an aerosol can. So this morning, my sister (Connie G.) came into the living room saying, "WHY does it smell SO MUCH LIKE DUDE in there???" Turns out little bro had sprayed the stuff into the air in our shared (all 5 of us) bedroom, like air freshener, just to see what it smelled like.
A lot of the stuff.
Aha, I thought, yours truly to the rescue. I grabbed my can of Apple Cinnamon Glade and shook it up.
Connie G. said, "NOOOO! No air freshener wars! You'll make it smell like... Herd Of Cows!!" We were both, of course, thinking of Kelly and Tamika, and she was laughing and protesting at the same time.
Well, I tried anyway.
Another sister (Okie) says, "Huh, yeah, that's better than it was before."
"At least now it's not Herd Of Guys." :P
LOLOLOLOLOL I literally laughed so hard at this
Jo March