Disagreements With AIO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Disagreements With AIO

Have you ever disagreed with AIO about a theme or point? The only time I ever disagreed with an episode was with What Are We Going To Do About Halloween? I had never asked myself the question the title asks; I find Halloween to be a good time to dress up, eat candy, and meet your neighbors. At least in my neighborhood, there's nothing saitanic about the holiday. But I don't want to get in a debate over whether Halloween is evil or not. I would simply like you SSs'ers to state any time you disagreed with AIO.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I disagree with For The Birds.
When Mr. Whittaker tells Camilla and Matthew that there isn't such thing as curses. That's not scriptural. God cursed Cain in Genesis.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The point was that curses are ineffectual today, and can do nothing. Like they said in that on with the "Indian." However, demons are still alive and well, I believe, and while they are here, there are evil forces. Curses likely still happen. I doubt God curses anyone anymore, but that's a whole other question.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Have you ever disagreed with AIO about a theme or point? The only time I ever disagreed with an episode was with What Are We Going To Do About Halloween? I had never asked myself the question the title asks; I find Halloween to be a good time to dress up, eat candy, and meet your neighbors. At least in my neighborhood, there's nothing saitanic about the holiday. But I don't want to get in a debate over whether Halloween is evil or not. I would simply like you SSs'ers to state any time you disagreed with AIO.
I think the episode was made for families who DO believe that Halloween is satanic, and it gave them a possible alternative. For me, Halloween's just a day to do everything CT does (not creepily like that, but the things you mentioned), but I don't think we were the said target of that episode.

There was some episode I disagreed with...but my mind's too jumbled to think about it now. xD
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

Curses are real. I heard of an real witch (not the ones that fly on brooms) who put a curse on a building in a country far away from her, and everyone who would walked into that building would fall down!!! Freaky, huh?
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

@SA I wouldn't take stories like that too seriously... But yes, there's a lot more happening in the spiritual world than most of us realize.

I find myself generally agreeing with the main concepts being taught in the episodes, but occasionally there are minor theological differences that don't line up with my beliefs.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

unfortuntley, the devil is at work. living in a different country gives me a scary view on some things. my friend's dad has cast out multiple demons from people, and i have actually seen a possessed man. when my brother was 2, he just could not sleep. one of our close friends prayed over him and the room (yes, the room) he cleaned the window, and my brother slept the whole night that night. they all believe that he sensed spirits outside (gives me the chills!) but God is working too!!!! we have a friend that once went to check on her sleeping child, and when she looked inside, there were ANGELS watching over the child! GOD IS AT WORK!!!!!!!!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

My parents knew a witch who turned to Christianity later in her life.