Random things that make you think of AiO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

:jason Everything reminds me of Odyssey at random times.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I went on a missions trip recently, and on the drive back, I was in the front passenger seat of one of the two vans our youth group rented for the trip. Almost everybody was asleep, and somewhere in the middle of South Carolina, I flipped through the radio and heard the melodious sounds of Emily's voice (this was after 6+ days of aggravatingly redundant popular music). Thankfully the only person awake in the car said, "Let's leave it on to make fun of it." So I got to hear the last ten minutes of "Stage Fright." It was the first and only time I had actually heard Odyssey on the radio.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I just started listening to a sermon from North Valley Baptist Church, pastured by Dr. Jack Trieber. As he was starting his sermon, he was acknowledging some old friends, and one of them he referenced in this wise: "....And over here, Joanne Allen, it's so good to see you." My jaw literally dropped. :D
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

That's really freaky, Old Judge!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

The other day an announcer on the radio was saying some names. He said, "Jason Whit--" and for a split second I thought it was Whittaker but it turned out it was Whitlock.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Now, the name could have been "Jason Whitson." That would have been cool. :)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Last night I was reading "the best Brady Bunch episodes," and in a review of one of them it said, "Santa Claus, (Hal Smith)..."
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Every time I hear the word "awry"...
"Sumthin's goin' awry, but I don' know whuddit is!"
-Mr. Skint
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I heard someone shouting, and they sounded exactly like Red (I forgot his last name).
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hollard. Red Hollard.

So, this person you heard sounded like a hyperactive, enthusiastic Tennesseean?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Yup. That pretty much describes it, Judge!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

My pillowcase is a Route 66 theme, with all the states along the route mapped out, and their major cities marked. One of the ending cities in California is Barstow.

"Hey, you're the lady from Barstow!"
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

One of my professors reminds me of Jack Allen. He's extremely patient, and also very skilled at explaining concepts.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I don't remember where I was, but I think I heard a "Max Hampton" being called somewhere on a roll or something. Of course, like the good AIO fan I am, I immediately considered asking him if he was currently "in quite a pickle" about this papier-mâché heart he wanted to give a girl he liked. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Whenever I watch a Classic Who episode with The Master (Robert Delgado) I think of Blackgaard because they look EXACTLY THE SAME. I'm not kidding.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

So, I was filling in the date on a paper today. Something clicked in my mind, and I jerked up and asked the man sitting next to me, "Is it the 21st?" When he replied, "....Yes," I had to explain my excitement. I exclaimed, "It's Adventures in Odyssey's 27th birthday!!!"

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

In Hobby Lobby I saw some crafty stuff that were Imagination Station brand.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ClaraOswald wrote:Whenever I watch a Classic Who episode with The Master (Robert Delgado) I think of Blackgaard because they look EXACTLY THE SAME. I'm not kidding.
Hm...now that I think about it, they do look similar. I wonder if that's where they got the idea--at least subliminally. Gives fuel to the theory that Whit is a Time Lord (Dr. Blackgaard his nemesis, like the Doctor has the Master.....). ;)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Okay so we were playing Taboo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_%28game%29)
and it was my turn to give clues. The first word was Shakespeare, and I was like "Good grief I don't know-- oh wait--" and I said, "________!! Bring me my lemonade!". Bingo. An advantage of having your two AIOfan sisters on your team :D
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I saw a store called "Something old, something new," and it reminded me of the episode. I also saw a billboard that had a photo of a girl who looked like Sydney Shiotani (the girl who played the old Camilla).