The K.R.E. (Klub Rules Emily)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

He was censoring the word 'annoying', godsgirl. Yes, you're right, perhaps these topics should be deleted. Maybe we are acting childish and hurtful. But there have still been some interesting opinions, don't you think?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Okay, my sister has told me, and I see that Creative Thinker also said that you (Pound Foolish) were not swearing. However, I think that your bleeping out annoying could have been better executed, perhaps saying a............ instead of censored. That way, people who are not following these threads as closely won't get the wrong idea.

I still retain the rest of what I said, though.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yes, Pound Foolish, I'm surprised at you! I mean, no one except you thought it was funny! Why else would most people who come on the page do it? And I'm sure they were hurt by the insults. They in no way indicated they didn't like the insults, so of course they DID! And insulting is so horrible. Especially if it's just a joke. And what about poor Godsgirl, who says she'll stop reading the insults because they annoy her! She's NOT going to read a club about how annoying Emily is? How awful for her! Really, Pound Foolish, you should be ashamed!

Boy, am I ever sarcastic. I'm just a master of it. Sorry if this stuff bothers you, Godsgirl, but if you haven't noticed, debating Emily, by everyone's consent so far, except yours, is a free-for-all. We think it's fun, if you don't, don't read our pro Emily or anti Emily topics. I really don't feel that guilty.;) Once again, no hard feelings, I hope.:)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I'll join.
~ Walker in Dreams
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yay! I'm glad you see the light, Arkan! Anyway, a very um, amusing post you made PF. For once, I agree with you and have nothing to say about it.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Yay! I'm glad you see the light, Arkan! Anyway, a very um, amusing post you made PF. For once, I agree with you and have nothing to say about it.
He didn't see the light, CT101. He also joined the ERK
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I don't care. As long as he joined E.S.K., it doesn't matter to me. I know, I know, I'm betraying the cause, but we need members, even if they love, hate, and want Emily to change all at the same time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hmm... what unique signature our Arkan has... dirty two-face! Three face, in fact. Even worse.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Pound Foolish wrote:Hmm... what unique signature out Arkan has... dirty two-face! Three face, in fact. Even worse.
Well, not really. It should be possible to be a member of all three. And for the time being, it's a good choice.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

It is a good choice. I am a member of two, so I made 2/3 of a good choice. Some people however, refuse to join even two!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wow, just wow. You should know that I read your post last night, Pound Foolish, and I fell asleep thinking about whether I should reply to you at all or just leave it alone. I was shocked when I read your post, and I almost cried, I was so upset.

Sarcasm is fine. I use it quite often myself.
How can you tell if someone is being sarcastic? The ways I can tell are when someone looks bored and their eyebrows are a little lifted. Or if their voice is high and sugary sweet or low and monotone. The problem is, all of these reasons require you to be able to see or hear the person, and with a message board, that is impossible. It would be like if your friend was complaining about something, and you told him to "get a life." Now if you were in person, or even on the phone, you friend would be able to tell that you were kidding and being sarcastic. But, if you typed it out in a text or email, your friend could be really hurt. So, please remember that no one can see that you are being sarcastic, and people can misunderstand your joking.

Maybe you thought I was just talking to you, but I was talking to almost everyone who has been posting on the Emily Klub threads. I could list the names of who I am referring to, but when you read this, I think you know who you are.

Your form of debating includes name-calling, yelling, and insulting people who are against you. You may think that it is all in fun, but as I said in an earlier post, other people may misunderstand your joking. Or, you may be "joking" with one another, but then you move on to "joking" with other people, and they could be really insulted and hurt. One such case is my sister. She was almost crying last night because she was so upset about a post made to her. The person who made the post may have been just "joking" but it was uncalled for. It was not "joking", it was cyber-bullying.

If you have ever read a book about friends or bullying (I know American Girl makes quite a few, but I am sure that there are some for you guys out there too) you know that if you have a friend who constantly make remarks like, "You're ugly. Just kidding!" or "You are so stupid, Just Kidding!!" they aren't really a friend. Do you think that it is Christian to be insulting each other like this? Do you think that Jesus would like it? Or how about some of the people who make Adventures in Odyssey. Do you think that they would like it?

I am really surprised that you guys have taken it this far. You may see that I dropped out of the AFEC club. I have decided to remain completely neutral on this childish debate.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

But yelling at each others THE BEST PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I love that face.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I am in total agreement with godsgirl. What started out as two simple clubs has turn into a war. Former friends on the SS have been downright RUDE to each other. Sorry all you other people out there who actually enjoy this, I think that the mods should eliminate all of the Emily clubs. I know I was a part of this at first, but, I'm sorry Pound Foolish and Suzy, I'm dropping out of the E.R.K. I know I'm your last member besides you two, but as my sister said I was so insulted by one of the comments on here it made me cry. That's not something I want to be a part of. I still think Emily rules, but these clubs have gone TOO FAR! You guys are acting like toddlers fighting over a favorite toy, and it's absolutely ridiculous!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Seriously, fodo? After reading that post, you're still being sarcastic? Don't you guys realize how right Godsgirl is? She makes a serious comment about being sarcastic, and you sarcastically say that yelling at each other is the best part? I'm sorry, fodo, but I don't share that belief.

You are absolutely right, Godsgirl. PF and I do get on the edge of cyberbullying. But I want you to know that I don't mean to. I thought everyone understood that it was all in fun. But insults should never be in fun. It's alright to joke around a little, but I realize now that I was just being cruel. I'm not sure what comment made your sister almost cry, but there's a chance that comment was made by me. I'm a very sarcastic person, but as you said, it's different on MB's. I'm very sorry, and I understand how serious this is. I still can't help but keep my sarcastic personality but NO MORE INSULTS, at least from me. Thanks for stepping up and saying that, Godsgirl.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Everyone who was participating in the insults did understand it was all in fun, Mr. Thinker. Godsgirl didn't, and none of us dreamed of insulting her. Godsgirl, you're a very sensitive, caring, somewhat emotional person. I consider you a charming, intelligent individual and valued online acquaintance, and I truly apologize for nearly making you cry, the thought saddens me.
The trouble comes when you assume everyone else is sensitive. When Mr. Thinker yells a playful insult, it's a license for anyone to join in. But we all actually like each other, and don't mean a word we say, so nobody's hurt, as there's no reason to be.
Some of my best friends insult me all the time because we LIKE each other, and we KNOW we do, so it doesn't matter how much we insult each other. We'd never act that way around someone we weren't good friends with, but since we are, we know it's really just our way of showing each other we're close. They didn't insult me when they didn't know and like me well. If they were to stop insulting me, I'd be worried they didn't like me anymore!
And, pardon me for saying so, but of COURSE this part of the debate is childish. An anti-fan club? That's a hilarious, outrageous, and yes, ABSOLUTELY childish idea! That's why people who aren't as naturally sensitive as you find it fun. There's a serious side to debating Emily, where TS, Meltsner Girl, Mr. Thinker, and I, all contemplate the problems and religious implications of her character, in the debating Emily topic, mostly. Then there's the downright absurd side of how much we disagree about this, and the fun of forming our little Emily-cyber-political-parties. That's the part I so often mess around with with good ol' Suzy. And that, as I say, is what's going on here.
So, I'm fine with you no longer insulting, Mr. Thinker, and I support your decision and in turn shall no longer fake-insult you, but I side with Fodo. Those who wish to playfully insult can do no real harm.
In short, Godsgirl, I think you need to stop basing your sociology on American Girl books.;)
So, those who playfully insult are fine with it. You DON'T like it, and we've never insulted you, because we know you would be bothered. That's the way this works. But don't expect everyone else to feel the way the way you do. I hope none of this offends you, I'm just trying to explain matters to you to prevent future hurt and worry for you.
I just have no idea why you read a topic that's in fun and is ALL ABOUT childish behavior if you don't want to act like a child...
Once again, I really do apologize for hurting you in my last post on here. I need to be more gentle to you, it was careless of me.
Alright... LET THE EMILY WAR RAGE ON! Emily RULES! :evil: :x :!: :twisted: :twisted: Death to All Emily haters!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Dear me, this got heated. I hate seeing this...I always was a "lets all be friends" kind of person. Apologies to anyone I may have hurt your feelings. Like everyone else, it was wrong of me. And Pound Foolish, do take the "Death to all Emily haters" off the end of your comment before this message board ends up only having you and I for members!
Cupcakes for everyone!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Suzy, you didn't hurt anyone! ... Except Godsgirl, apparently, who we never insulted. Hmm. Well... I could take the death to Emily haters off. I'll consider it. And, hey, course we're all friends, Suz! That's why we all kid so much! The trouble comes when people start taking kidding seriously. Charles Schulz was always receiving letters from people supposedly making terribly hurtful, evil statements in his comics. The thing about humor is it's not meant to be taken seriously because it's not serious.;)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Thank you for your post.:)

Okay, I what I read into your posts is that you imply that I am overreacting. Maybe I am.

Some of it is because I want to protect my little sister. It is like a quote I read once. It was something like, "Big sisters will tease their little sisters, but will beat up anyone else who tries."

Some of it was because I was shocked that you guys would treat each other that way. No, I didn't feel like you were treating me like that (for the most part), but I was worried that since you were treating each other like that, you might treat other people who aren't okay with it.

And yes, this is a childish thread. It started out as a debate, and grew into a childish war. I didn't say that I didn't want to be childish (anyone who still plays with dolls cannot say they don't want to be) Childish was the first word I thought of, and at that moment, you should be glad that what I said is all I said. Perhaps silly would have been a better word?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Correct me if I'm wrong, Pound Foolish, but this is what I took your comment to mean:
"Yeah, so maybe somebody was insulted, but hey, everybody else knows that they were just joking. So who cares if somebody made somebody else cry? I'm having fun!"
And I really don't know if they were joking, because they never said anything about it.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wow, everyone, great posts! I agree wholeheartedly with - basically everyone. I still don't think deleting this topic is a good idea, however. As I told the press in a pm, (well, is suzy considered the press?) "No, I don't think that the Emily club topics should be deleted. That seems a little extreme, since hundreds of posts have been made. But I say NO MORE INSULTS! The battle was heated enough when it started. I regret a lot of things I said."

So now, I will say that if you join E.S.K., you will get TWO Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chip Muffins! So there! Join E.S.K.!