The E.R.K. (Emily Rules Klub)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Classify yourself below.

Emily lover
22%
Emily moderate
21%
ERK lover
14%
ERK moderate
11%
I just like contests
13%
I just like castles
19%

Total votes: 63

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

TigerShadow wrote:(Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if she got a pixie cut when she got older.)
You saw my drawing and stole the idea. Oh wait. You are over there and my drawing is over here. Well, I think it's a splendid idea. Glad I... we thought of it.
MandyStraussberg wrote:I never liked Emily, just thought she was boring and dumb as the majority of the new kids are. But then I found out how many people were raving about her and I started disliking her profusly!
Ah, the Dr. Who effect. I sympathize. Still, people also go to the opposite extreme and have a club saying she stinks. Which is mainly why I started this thing, people say a lllot against her. Why is one extreme okay but not the other?
MissFriendship wrote:Ha ha! It always makes me laugh!
Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Pound Foolish wrote:Ah, the Dr. Who effect. I sympathize. Still, people also go to the opposite extreme and have a club saying she stinks. Which is mainly why I started this thing, people say a lllot against her. Why is one extreme okay but not the other?
Hmmm, I never thought about it like that before. I usually stick up for the ones everyone hates to at times. You know, of all the characters in Odyssey, I can mimick Emily the best...which is why I enjoy listening to her and learning her uncanny way of putting the right emphasis on certain words. Maybe at heart, I could be an ERK. :D

~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Announcing, a new book starring our very own brainiac tough girl.
A rather revealing cover, Emily wears purple pants or whatever they are? Were purple legwarmers always hidden below the rim of that headshot? I never would've taken Miss Green as a closet purple wearer. ("Violet, Carlos! Violet.")

Anyhow, this 144 page anthology covers 16 detective, solve-it-yourself style short stories. Only the best of Emily's cases over the years, including the illustrations. You can get it from Focus http://family.christianbook.com/adventu ... SRCG\#curr and Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Jones-Parker-Case ... case+files

If you care to, talk it up!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Pound Foolish wrote:A rather revealing cover, Emily wears purple pants or whatever they are?
You are observant. I had to squint to notice that.

Sounds interesting...slightly.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Purple complements Emily. Sort of. Leggings, Pound Foolish, they're called leggings.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

They look more like jeggings to me.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Guys. Oh My Gosh. I found this thing on, like, page 20 or something. "Emily, Emily, we adore you, Emilyyyyyyyy
We shall love, thee foreverrrrrrr
Emilyyy-yy, Emilyyyyyyyyyy,
We shalt never abandon thee,
Emily, Emilyyyyyyyy
As the battle rag-es
Emilyyy-yy, Emilyyyyyyyyyyyyy
We shall look into the blood stained ru-ins
Emilyyy-yy, Emilyyyyyyyyyy
But we shall sand firm, shall stand firm,
Emilyyy-yy, Emilyyyyyyyyyyyy
Our guns and lives are at your feet,
Emilyyyy-yy, Emilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
We love thee
We adore thee,
We take our hats off
And bow before thee,
Emilyyy-yy, Emillllyyyyyyyyyyy, Em-uhhhhh-LEEEEEEEEE!" The officil ERK anthem

E.R.K.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Throws up*
That was horrible.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Blitz wrote:*Throws up*
That was horrible.
*pats head* There, there.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

**pats the head of Mr. Foolish** There there PF, you created a beautiful ERK anthem.

E.R.K.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'm with Blitz.

*leaves the premises with all possible speed*

GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Yes, you do that Miss Friendship. What do you and Blitz classify yourselves as, hmm?

E.R.K.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Sane. Un-obsessed with Emily.

GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

**looks over glasses** **sets down coffee** **clears throat** Was that an insult, Miss Friendship? **flips hair** It's not our fault we joined the superior klub! Well, I guess technically it would be... Anyways...? :lol:

E.R.K.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Miss Friendship wrote:Sane. Un-obsessed with Emily.
Great definitions.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

EMILY NEWS
The Official Podcast interviewed the two regular Jones and Parker Mystery writers for Adventures in Odyssey Magazine. Namely, Bob Hoose and (my personal favorite) Christopher Masselli.

http://www.whitsendblog.org/2015/05/jones-and-parker/
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's good to see nothing has changed here. ;)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hey Beautifuls. I'm posting again, thus taking up my position here once more~Whatever it was. To be honest? I can't remember. You might have had new elections anyways. So oh well. I'm a member nonetheless.

*Dons favorite green hoodie* Alrighty! What's new here? Anything? Nothing? Speak up for me, please. Also, working on an Emily drawing, because I haven't in a while and she has a pretty face to draw.

Anyone else ready for some new Jones and Parker-centric episodes? Maybe not even specific cases, but episodes that truly explore their character ~ especially in their maturing form?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

We are beautiful! I'm glad you're working on an Emily drawing, I look forward to it.

I'd like a case myself, but anything with Jones and Parker would be good. This club has kinda dwindled with Emily never showing up and Matthew's voice turning into young Bryan Adams.

But yes and yes, some character development for them would be lovely.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Actually, everyone but Pound Foolish is beautiful. HE thinks he's cute. Nyah nyah, ma'am! :P