The E.R.K. (Emily Rules Klub)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Classify yourself below.

Emily lover
22%
Emily moderate
21%
ERK lover
14%
ERK moderate
11%
I just like contests
13%
I just like castles
19%

Total votes: 63

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ha ha ha! :lol: Everyone unsubscribe from here, quick. Wait, what am I saying? Don't unsubscribe! No!

-- Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 pm --

Mr. Whit's End, what's your biggest objection to Emily?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ok I'm here. I don't like green. But I do like the solve it yourself mysteries, I don't have the patience to solve them myself :) I have NO idea what you mean about the socks :?
Proud K.R.E Member
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Pound Foolish wrote:(And upon reflection, I absolutely agree with you, Blondie. While I've never seen the show, I adore the stories. That would be so fun to see. "I see, Mr. Sherlock, that you were in a garden recently. You have two types of petals on your shirt." "I see, Miss Jones, you are in love. There is a slight leap to each of your steps even as you try to walk normally.")
*nods* That would be a sight to see, and extremely hilarious.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hi, Mickey. Barrett left socks in microwave. Really. Emily wasn't overjoyed. At least they weren't multidimensional neon socks.

PS page 93!

Allo? Thoughts?
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Pound Foolish wrote:Mr. Whit's End, what's your biggest objection to Emily?
My biggest was that she didn't get any development, but in light of Album 56 and Great Expectations, that has lessened. I'd call myself neutral right now.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:Mr. Whit's End, what's your biggest objection to Emily?
My biggest was that she didn't get any development, but in light of Album 56 and Great Expectations, that has lessened. I'd call myself neutral right now.
I agree. Some episodes she's fine. Some like the Buck episodes she is horrible :evil:
Proud K.R.E Member
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Okey doki loki, though I must say you haven't acted very neutral to my memory. :) I stand by what I said in Debating Emily. Emily's episodes are in the mystery genre, and mystery characters rarely get development in their stories. So saying Emily doesn't develop often enough is a bit like saying Jason doesn't run into enough steampunk in his espionage adventures. The genre doesn't call for it.

Mickey, I can understand being annoyed by all that giggling. ;) But that's the way kids are sometimes... I was that way sometimes when I was little. Not the giggling, but i could be a bit out of control around girls.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Well depends i don't like her very well, but if I hear a good episode, witch are very few and far between. I think about changing my opinion. Ha
Proud K.R.E Member
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I agree. Some episodes she's fine. Some like the Buck episodes she is horrible
But the Buck episodes showed a lighter side to Emily, when she's previously been called too serious.

At any rate, I am being called to socialize with our dinner guests. Tata! I hope we make it to 100 pages. Good luck my fellow Emilyophiles (is it Emilyphiles?)!

*blows kisses and floats away in a green tutu.*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

See you, Gratia. Thanks for joining us, and have a lovely evening with the guests. It's been fun, but I shall be departing soon as well.

As to a 100 pages, we still have a few days to reach that, and I'd say we're off to a good start.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

In the buck episodes she acts like... Forgive me Emily fans... a great big goose!! When she's around buck anyway.

-- Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:10 pm --

In the buck episodes she acts like... Forgive me Emily fans... a great big goose!! When she's around buck anyway.
Proud K.R.E Member
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Pound Foolish wrote:Okey doki loki, though I must say you haven't acted very neutral to my memory. :) I stand by what I said in Debating Emily. Emily's episodes are in the mystery genre, and mystery characters rarely get development in their stories.
Emily appears in episodes other than mysteries, and how have I not acted neutral? And I do make fun of everything, so don't say that.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

A FEW, but her main focus is mysteries. And in the very few episodes that weren't mysteries, she got developed!

Yes, you do make fun of everything I guess... Oh well, you're good at it.

You got something against great big geese? Mickey, I am offended.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Nothing against geese, that's just my fan name for people who bug me. No offense PF :D
Proud K.R.E Member
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I'm here!
Heh, I completely spaced on what time it was...but I'm here now! =)
Micky wrote:In the buck episodes she acts like... Forgive me Emily fans... a great big goose!! When she's around buck anyway.
That's just human nature. When you are around someone you like, or wish to impress, you tend to go overboard and make a fool of yourself. It's completely natural! Like in that episode where Eugene wanted to impress Katrina's father and wound up looking ridiculous.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, naturally, if you want to continue, please do, everyone. But I'm off. Now, you'll notice there are some nice big grab bags. Lime candy, and new tutus, and greeting cards with stationary that say, "There is no headless phantom of the theater."
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I guess. :( its just she alittle I don't know to big for her britches you know :?
Proud K.R.E Member
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ah, Rosy! I'll stay a post or two more, then.

I agree. I used to act that way around girls when I was her age. I never ever do now a days, needless to say.

She's quirky, Mickey. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It can lead to trouble, but it makes her funny, interesting, and, depending on your taste, likable.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Micky wrote: its just she alittle I don't know to big for her britches you know :?
Everyone else in Odyssey has faults... why is it suddenly shocking for this character to? Besides, she's not always like that.
*grabs a bag and starts munching candy*
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ok, mabey my last post wasn't the best thing to say about Emily I just can't find words to describe her.
Proud K.R.E Member