Camilla Parker

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Camilla Parker

Just had a thought about Camilla come into my head:

Could Camilla be the Mandy Straussburg of her era? She starts off really young and ages as the series goes on and progresses into the second part of the Stojkan era as a main kid character...I do like her in the few episodes she's been in.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

That is a great idea! I LOVE it!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Frankly, I think Camilla is gone. It's happened before with other kid characters. They stick around for a couple albums and seem like they will become major characters, but then they fade away into the background. Has anyone noticed that we haven't seen all of the Parkers (including the parents) together since Grandma's Christmas Visit? That's quite a long time. The Parkers might have been meant to replace The Barcalys or The Washingtons, but ultimately, I think we will only be hearing from Matthew and Olivia. And so, unless Camilla shows up in 56, I'll assume that she's gone.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I doubt that Camilla will disappear. But she was never a major character in the first place. That she seems to be "fading" means little. Also, while a great deal of the process of creating the ideas for the episodes is which character to use, they don't ask which character is more popular or which character they've been using more. It's which character is suitable for the part. Camilla is unlikely to ever become a very good character for larger parts unless she develops a lot more. Oh, and Camilla doesn't have Mandy's absolutely adorable voice, great as her voice is. This may seem insignificant, but in a Radio Show, where it's ALL about voice, it's everything. Next Mandy? Fascinating idea. But unlikely.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It IS harder to use younger characters. Trust me, as a writer, I know. Well said, Meltsner Girl. Camilla deserves a bigger spotlight. She's the only major young character. She was amazing in her bird episode. When AIO uses a younger character, it shows they really take seriously their younger listeners.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Camilla has returned in album 56! (I know this because I've listened to it) Yay! I'm so glad she's back, she was (is) a great character.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I haven't listened to it, so don't give me any spoilers, but how many episodes is she in?
(I'm a fan of Camilla, too, and I've missed her SO much.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I haven't finished the album yet (I've only listened to a couple of the episodes) but when I'm done I can tell you.
꿈. 희망. 전진.