Cryin' Bryan Dern!

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Cryin' Bryan Dern!

You gotta love him. Dern is the classic disk jockey, the guy who screams at people, the guy who's always looking for a sleazy story, the guy who is laugh-out-loud funny, the guy who seems to have no heart. He's my favorite character, but what are your opinions on him?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'm so glad somebody started this topic! Thanks, 101. So, Dern is one of the most entertaining characters... well, to some listeners. I'm sure others hate him. Dern's not quite as worthless as some would say though. He is on the air to make people laugh. It's his job. That he even got a job to cause laughter shows he's not all bad, even if he has an immature teenager way of doing it.

"He's really not all that bad as a person. It's just... this is what he does. And he doesn't care what anyone else thinks. And hey, he's on the radio, folks!"
Corey Burton
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Well, the odyssey team decided to put him on the show so i guess they thought he's a good character. I love him personally, Just not everything he stands for.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I love Cryin' Bryan Dern...he's hilarious! He does tick me off at times, but he's still a favorite character of mine!:)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:I'm so glad somebody started this topic! Thanks, 101. So, Dern is one of the most entertaining characters... well, to some listeners. I'm sure others hate him. Dern's not quite as worthless as some would say though. He is on the air to make people laugh. It's his job. That he even got a job to cause laughter shows he's not all bad, even if he has an immature teenager way of doing it.

"He's really not all that bad as a person. It's just... this is what he does. And he doesn't care what anyone else thinks. And hey, he's on the radio, folks!"
Corey Burton
You're welcome! I'm glad somebody started this topic, too. I agree with everything you say. Dern is a trouble-making teenager at heart. And I love the Corey Burton quote at the end! Here's another one:

I don't consider him [Dern] a reliable source for anything but stress headaches.

- Bernard Walton
Mr. Smiley
Caramel Crunch

Bryan Dern is AWESOME! Definitely one of my favs!

"Your fired PJ, after you get me a sandwich." - Cryin' Bryan Dern
S.ure
M.akes
I.t
L.ots
E.asier!
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

He adds a different character to the scene!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

suzylou wrote:I love Cryin' Bryan Dern...he's hilarious! He does tick me off at times, but he's still a favorite character of mine!:)

I don't really like him.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Katerina Meltsner wrote:
suzylou wrote:I love Cryin' Bryan Dern...he's hilarious! He does tick me off at times, but he's still a favorite character of mine!:)

I don't really like him.
Ooh... We wouldn't get along well. ;) May I ask why you don't like him?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Katrina is my sister and since she probably won't ever look at this topic again (the only topic she really cares about on the SS is Odyssey hurt and heal) I will answer for her. She thinks Bryan Dern is too "mean". I don't think that at all. He's great.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wooton Bassett wrote:Katrina is my sister and since she probably won't ever look at this topic again (the only topic she really cares about on the SS is Odyssey hurt and heal) I will answer for her. She thinks Bryan Dern is too "mean". I don't think that at all. He's great.
I can see where she's coming from. Dern can get a little mean, but I take it as funny. He's such a great radio character. I don't think he would work as well for film.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I think Dern goes out of his way to make other people look bad, and I don't think that is a good quality in a person. Sure, he makes a good semi-bad guy, but he is nowhere on my list of favorite characters.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

He's a good character in a mean, aggravating sort of way. But he is pretty funny, most of the time.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Too some, funny is the understatement of the year. Try outrageously unbelievably hilarious.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Remember Top This!? He was hilarious in that one.

"I've been up for 96 hours. I see you Casey, looking in that window with your beady little eyes." or my personal favorite: "There's nothin' scarier than Bryan Dern when he's got his second wind!"
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I know! Top This! is like the BEST EPISODE EVER! (It's like it.)

My contact lenses have become... a permanent part of my eyeball.

I think that song needed something. Maybe - WORDS! And I think that accordion player could use - a sedative!

LOL, I'm listening to the beginning of Top This in the car right now. You guys inspired me to listen to it.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Would you want to see Brian Dern return on the show? What would this en-tale?

I really feel like they should bring Dern back. He and his radio station were fairly solid in Odyssey and they really need to establish some older businesses too. Also they could bring Dern back discreetly without it really pertaining to the episode, by his show playing in the background of a scene very faintly and only being caught if listened to closely.

What are your thoughts on Crian Brian Dern, past and future?
James?
Caramel Crunch

Jason wrote:Would you want to see Brian Dern return on the show? What would this en-tale?

I really feel like they should bring Dern back. He and his radio station were fairly solid in Odyssey and they really need to establish some older businesses too. Also they could bring Dern back discreetly without it really pertaining to the episode, by his show playing in the background of a scene very faintly and only being caught if listened to closely.

What are your thoughts on Crian Brian Dern, past and future?
I think he should come back too! He was one of my favorites :)
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

He's my favorite character, so my stance on this is pretty obvious. HE NEEDS TO COME BACK! Corey Burton is a genius, and he is the funniest character EVER! BRING BACK BRYAN DERN!

(P.S. I like the title of this topic. Did you notice it rhymes? ;))
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I like Dern. I think he is funny and sarcastic, and appeals to my more wild side. I would love for his character to be re-introduce!
But you also have to wonder what place does he really have? Will he eventually be saved, then become a good person? Or will he ever be a thorn in the ears of all the citizens of Odyssey. I can see why they might not want to bring him back-
But, I do want him back, for my own pleasures! lol