Cryin' Bryan Dern!

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
James?
Caramel Crunch

Liz'alike wrote:I like Dern. I think he is funny and sarcastic, and appeals to my more wild side. I would love for his character to be re-introduce!
But you also have to wonder what place does he really have? Will he eventually be saved, then become a good person? Or will he ever be a thorn in the ears of all the citizens of Odyssey. I can see why they might not want to bring him back-
But, I do want him back, for my own pleasures! lol
I hope the don't make him a Christian......That would be SOOO sappy
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Yeah, I have to agree... Though, I kinda hate to :? I want everyone to be in the Kingdom! But if he became a Christian, and had a conscious, I don't think he would really be funny anymore. *sigh*
James?
Caramel Crunch

Liz'alike wrote:Yeah, I have to agree... Though, I kinda hate to :? I want everyone to be in the Kingdom! But if he became a Christian, and had a conscious, I don't think he would really be funny anymore. *sigh*
Yeah I know......If he was a real human I would DEFINITELY want him to become a Christian, but on a radio show.... One of the reasons I like AIO is because not everyone is a Christian, it portrays life better.
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

I don't know.. I liked him in some episodes like Odyssey Sings! but he was a bit annoying in other episodes. I know he was kinda supposed to be annoying but sometimes it was just BLEH:P
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Kaida wrote:I don't know.. I liked him in some episodes like Odyssey Sings! but he was a bit annoying in other episodes. I know he was kinda supposed to be annoying but sometimes it was just BLEH:P
I agree Kaida, I really didn't like how he was disrespecting his grandmother in this episode.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

:roll: He dissrespected his grandma..... He's Bryan Dern not the Pope!!!! Everyone expects him to do that!!!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The trouble with humorous characters is if you don't like their humor, you don't like the character. (Thus controversial characters like Penny, Wooton, EMILY...)
Dern should return. Most listeners find him priceless, and he's far more entertaining than Ted Humphries. I don't mean Ted should be dropped, he has his place in more serious scenes. But Dern should be given back his rightful place on air. If only Corey wasn't retired... the whole point of Dern is his incredible, inimitable voice. It's OUT-rrragous... OUTRAGEOUS!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I know, right! Dern is hilarious especially in Top This!
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

I love Dern! Wish he could still be on the show.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I do wonder why he can't be. I've said previously Corey Burton is retired but I was uninformed, he's very much up and at it. Heck, he's the voice of Gus, Captain Hook, Professor Von Drake, Dale (of Chip n' Dale) and others for Disney. So why can't he do Dern? Transportation? Did he get stuck in an elevator? I don't know.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Pound Foolish wrote:Did he get stuck in an elevator? I don't know.
:clap: :D Good one!
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Pound Foolish wrote:I do wonder why he can't be. I've said previously Corey Burton is retired but I was uninformed, he's very much up and at it. Heck, he's the voice of Gus, Captain Hook, Professor Von Drake, Dale (of Chip n' Dale) and others for Disney. So why can't he do Dern? Transportation? Did he get stuck in an elevator? I don't know.
Man, That would be great if he came back. I think, however, he was removed due to the timeline and it would be another seemingly Ageless character, ( Which I would totally be O.K with) Since he has been around since Album 14#.
*Finger guns aggressively*