Melanie Jacobs

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

How much did you like Melanie?/Should she come back as an adult?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Favorite character in the Classical Era
7%
In my top three favorite characters
7%
In my top ten favorite characters
43%
I disliked her personality
No votes
Who's Melanie?
No votes
Yes
36%
No
7%

Total votes: 14

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Melanie Jacobs

What do you think of Melanie? I thought the interaction between her and her sister was hilarious. Did you know that the actors for Robyn and Melanie were sisters in real life? Sometimes, their parents would record their arguments, and give them to the AiO writers, who would use the argument in the script, and make it more realistic.

P.S. I am doubling up on the poll, but I don't know how if it will work well. Oops, I forgot about the conflicting percentages. Oh well, you can still see the voter number.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I really like Melanie, and Robyn for that matter. That's hilarious that the actors parents would record their arguments! Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to argue with your siblings in a studio and get away with it and paid for it? :D
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

That's an interesting poll. I didn't know what to say, so I just said in my top ten favorite characters.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I loved Robin and Melanie!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Me too! Melanie was so quiet and thoughtful, but then she would go and humiliate her sister in front of the school, or tell the whole town that Jesus was coming back.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

T.S. (myself) wrote:Me too! Melanie was so quiet and thoughtful, but then she would go and humiliate her sister in front of the school, or tell the whole town that Jesus was coming back.
Yeah, she was a rather interesting character. Wasn't Robyn supposed to be older then her?
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Suzylou, that is correct. Robyn was the Elder Jacob, while Melanie was the Younger Jacob.

Also, while the Barclays dealt with stuff like growing older and modesty and loving one another, Melanie dealt with somewhat deeper issues, like knowing when Jesus will return, because that was just her personality. She was a child intellectual, in a manner of speaking. They definitely could have used her more.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I LOVED when she had the whole Jesus Coming back thing!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I agree with both of you. Melanie had such hilarious clashes with her sister. Their personalities were exact opposites. I wish we had heard more from her.

Oh, I almost died laughing when she put posters across the entire town. She was so deep and thoughtful, but then she would succumb to something like that. My favorite part was the ending, when Robyn came out to talk to her, and they had that beautiful conversation, and fell asleep.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I really liked their episodes!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

That's what I like! Lots of choices on the poles.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, The Second Coming was by far the best Melanie episode. Melanie was deep and profound and childish and easily fooled at the same time.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.