Introvert or Extrovert?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Introvert or Extrovert?

Of the AIO characters, who do you think is introvert and who extrovert? I'm going to make this extremely simplified and say a person can only be one of those two, not a combination.

One definition of these two words are:

Introverts (or those of us with introverted tendencies) tend to recharge by spending time alone. They lose energy from being around people for long periods of time, particularly large crowds.

Extroverts, on the other hand, gain energy from other people. Extroverts actually find their energy is sapped when they spend too much time alone. They recharge by being social.

I feel like introverts are rarer on AIO. A few to come to mind would be Jack Allen and Mandy Straussberg (I headcannon that she has anxiety/depression tendencies as well, as can be seen in the divorce arc).

Extroverts would be Wooton Basset and Olivia Parker.

I feel like Whit is an ambivert (even after I said I wouldn't use an in between =p), but I think before Whit's End he was a bit introverted, but has become more extroverted as he owned his shop.

What are your thoughts? Am I completely wrong? :mad: Who else are introverts, who extroverts?
xo eht haiasi-
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I think you're right about introverts being rarer, and about Whit being an ambivert. Connie and Liz come to mind as having definite extrovert tendencies, whereas Tom and Julie could possibly be introverts, and I'm pretty confident Digger Digwillow is. I find it hard to distinguish (if there's much of a difference to start with) between introverts and people who are simply shy, (without knowing the person) especially Radio.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

This is great! (I've actually wanted to start a topic on this for a while) I think I started thinking about it when I realized that though Introverts are usually known for being the smart ones, Eugene is brilliant, but I think he's an extrovert. Katrina and Buck are both introverts who love people. They genuinely care for people and show a lot of concern and sympathy towards others, but definitely, need to spend time alone to recharge.
On the topic of mental disorders, I've noticed a few characters that appear to have some sort of mental disorder. I've noticed the same about Mandy. Being someone who experiences anxiety attacks, her outbursts are very familiar and relatable. They often seem too "childish" to be well, normal.
Another character I've noticed having anxiety problems is Nathaniel, though his anxiety is probably more socially based, while Mandy's seems more emotionally and/or fear based, as mine is.
Then, there's the theory of Eugene having Asperger syndrome (a form of autism). This would certainly explain his difficulty in social situations, his early struggles with driving, and his natural ability to absorb advanced knowledge at a quicker pace and at an earlier age. I haven't quite decided if I think he has Aspergers yet, simply because, though I have researched the syndrome quite a bit, I'm not an expert and can't say for sure. It's really up to the listener.
I realize this topic isn't really on mental disorders. It's just something I've thought of a lot, and I wanted to share my observations. :)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse