The Forgotten Ones

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The Forgotten Ones

In Character Discussion, we typically post about only the most well-known characters. In the midst of talking about Emily, Matthew, and Jay, or the character constants of the show, Mr. Whittaker, Connie, and Eugene, we often overlook the minor characters. Even though these characters may not have been used more than a few times, they can still be valuable components of Adventures in Odyssey.

A select few of these overlooked characters were brilliant ideas on the part of the AiO team, and were executed perfectly, like Ricky McLean, the personal fitness trainer from Do or Diet. Others, while they were not developed fully, interacted with the main characters, sometimes clashing with them, and sometimes complementing them. Traci Needlemeyer did this in several episodes, including The Barclay Family Ski Vacation and The Winning Edge. Another favorite minor character is Ms. Kramer, the cantankerous librarian.

Who are your favorite minor characters?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Another delightful topic, TS, old chap. You already named three great choices. I will add PJ, Mr. Scholtfitz, Cindy (Unbecoming Jay) and Genevieve and that other fellow in Loose Ends.

I will also mention the hilarious Mrs. Sutton, though with how popular she is this whole topic may turn into a Mrs. Sutton Party.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

"The door, Shakespeare!"
"The car, Shakespeare!"
"SHAKESPEARE!!! Where's my lemonade?!?!"
I like(d) Shakespeare, he's like the guy Edwin always picks on, so one of my favorite episodes is the one where he breaks his leg, and Edwin has to serve Shakespeare, instead of the other way around. I guess I just always like it when people pay more attention to "the little guy(s)/girl(s)".
Specially cause I'm kinda one of those people and I really like the people who are friendly to ME
:)
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, the always-mentioned Lester is a favorite of mine.
Also, Nagel, Jimmy's guardian angel from Someone to Watch Over Me.
Finally, the comical duo of Mendelsson and Farve should never have been shelved.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I love the guy who runs the hardware store in "Heatwave".
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Finally, the comical duo of Mendelsson and Farve should never have been shelved.
I completely forgot about Mendelsson & Farve. They were amazing. :mrgreen: Also, Ms. Sutton is the best modern minor character.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Edith Sutton? The lady that rambles on about Mister Whittaker's staircase railings?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Edith Sutton? The lady that rambles on about Mister Whittaker's staircase railings?
Oops I meant Ms. Kramer. :P I don't know why I said Ms. Sutton. xD
Rosy
Cookie Dough

The Old Judge wrote:Edith Sutton? The lady that rambles on about Mister Whittaker's staircase railings?
I'm glad she didn't show up in anymore episodes. After all, he put her son in jail, and yet she still brings him cookies?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Glen Adams...Zachary Sellars (umm...I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell his last name)
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

I don't know I personally found Glen Adams very annoying (unless I'm mistaking him for a another character). However I agree on Mrs Sutton she was one of the most hilarious characters ever and should have been used more.
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

What about Sam Johnson?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I thought Glen was annoying but then my kind heart started working again...

I forgot about Sam. And Rusty Gordon. Whenever I think of Sam, I think of Rusty. I would say Alex Jefferson too (no pun intended) but everyone knows Snow Day so I wouldn't say he's totally forgotten.
K.R.E.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Hey! Don't bad mouth Alex!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Is it really "badmouthing" if you're acknowledging that a character is so popular that he's not likely to be forgotten?

I really liked Billy MacPherson. Wish we could have seen him around a little more; he was pretty cool.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Alex Jefferson wrote:What about Sam Johnson?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Alex Jefferson wrote:Hey! Don't bad mouth Alex!
I don't bad mouth Alex! Alex is a great character! (no seriously though, he is. They should bring him back too)

-- Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:21 pm --
Pound Foolish wrote:
:clap: wow that was great PF
K.R.E.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:
This is the most important post on this board.

(Sorry, Trandy. I love y'all, but dragging Sam Yawnson takes precedence.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Have you ever heard of Isaac Morton?
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I think Officer Stew Burke needs to make another appearance. We need to hear the rest of his song from Odyssey Sings!
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark