It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When the Actors Die, do the Characters Die?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 am 
Coffee Biscotti

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:
This topic is about characters that are dead on the show, like for example, Tom Riley and many others. Talk about the characters that are dead.
GJFH wrote:
Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:
This topic is about characters that are dead on the show, like for example, Tom Riley and many others. Talk about the characters that are dead.

Sir, please let me stop you there. We don't know for certain Tom is...deceased. I like to imagine he moved to Wyoming and runs a therapeutic horse camp for teens at risk. :) It probably could be argued, though it sounds nice.

This is actually a pretty good topic right here. When an actor dies, do you tend to headcanon that they're dead? For me, Bernard's still alive, but Tom's always pictured with the white hair and he's been around since episode one so I find it easy to imagine him dying. I never really thought about the details though. What's on Tom's tombstone, for instance? Maybe,

Roses are red, violets are blue
Robert Louis Stevenson's dead and so are you

Or more likely, "He made people a little happier, a little kinder, and a little wiser."

“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury

Last edited by Pound Foolish on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: When the Actors Die, do the Characters Die?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:09 pm 
Fudge Marble

....and now I'm crying again. Thanks Pound Foolish!

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:27 am 
Raspberry Ripple

To me, if an old character disappears from the show they are dead and if a young character (like a kid) disappears they've grown up and moved away. Though it is a nice thought, I find it hard to imagine that they're still around and for some weird reason we just never see them interact with the other characters.

17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:30 pm 
Cookies & Creme

I think to me it depends on how much I liked the character. For an example, to me, Tom Riley will never be dead. He is amazing and one of the oldest characters so to me he will never be dead. But other than ones like that I agree with Novatom.

Offline Profile