What happened to Katrina?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

What happened to Katrina?

Originally Katrina was known for having a short temper and being stubborn. Not to say that she was like that all the time, but it was definitely a part of her character. However, when Audrey Wasaluski took over the role, Katrina was suddenly the sweetest person ever who didn't have a temper at all and maybe a bit stubborn but more perseverent. So what happened? An actor can't change that much about a character. The writers did it intentionally. So did the death of her father soften her? Was it Eugene's amnesia? Did she just grow deeper in faith and softened with the help of God? What does everyone else think?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm thinking the events that transpired during Novacom, and Eugene's amnesia most likely did impact her faith. I didn't like her as much before Novacom to be honest, she had been raised with wealth and had people cater to her every need. Despite her apparent eagerness for independence and self reliance, she did grow irritated when she wasn't given what she wanted. And looking at Eugene's character, it is noticeable he was more arrogant and argumentative before he met Katrina.

They both helped each other to grow and mature when faced with difficulties and hard decisions. If it wasn't for Eugene's amnesia, perhaps they wouldn't be as grateful for each other and still struggle with the awkwardness and shame of the past.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I pretty much agree with GJFH. It's too bad we weren't able to see (hear, I guess?) her Character Development since it's really easy to see her sudden change as incredibly jarring, especially since she has a new voice actor to top it off. Maybe we'll get some flashbacks in the future? That would be really neat.

It feels like it could be a really interesting character arc but it just got skimmed over.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Thank you Autumnal. It would be amazing to see what went through her head as she witnessed things that seemed too bizarre to be realand had to sacrifice her needs for her husband's well being. She really has become a wonderful, caring, and selfless character. :)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I think she gains a bit of her hardness back in the later AIO episodes especially in dealing with Buck.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I agree with GJFH.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum