Is Jared DeWhite Dion's Uncle?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Is Jared DeWhite Dion's Uncle?

In Playing the Predictable Dion gives us the impression that he is Jared's nephew. When he first walks in Mr. Whittaker says he looks familiar. Dion says it's probably because his uncle Jared looks just like him. Whit thinks he said Judd because he repeats the name while asking why he was in the newspaper. Dion says its because he was on the run from the police after breaking out of prison. Jared is a secret agent so isn't it possible he's on a mission or something? Of course, if he is Jared's nephew then he would probably be Mandy and Trent's son. Unless the Dewhites had another son or daughter we don't know about because maybe they graduated before we met the DeWhites. I know it's a long shot. Does anyone have anything to add?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

What. I will never believe that.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Unlikely. The name was probably just a coincidence. Given Dion's criminal tendencies and bullying behavior, it's far more likely that the "running from the police" thing was because his uncle was actually an escaped convict. I mean, I can't really see Mandy and Trent or any other DeWhite family members raising a kid like that, can you?

Aside from that, the last time we saw Mandy and Trent, they were in middle school. Even if Odyssey time is real time (which I firmly maintain that it's not), that was eight years ago; at their oldest, they'd be in their early twenties just out of college by now, which is definitely too young to have a child in middle school. You also suggested an older DeWhite sibling, but we don't know the size of the family, so that's purely speculation, and if the AIO team is going to retcon a sibling into the immediate DeWhite family, it would more than likely be a younger sibling to cover for the fact that Jared complains about a little brother who's "almost two" in "The Pushover" and yet Trent is much closer in age to him.

I mean, maybe that's a possibility, but given the context of the scene (Buck is bringing a dangerous middle school thug into Whit's End and Whit warns him about hanging around with kids like that), I think it's just meant to be taken at face value—Dion's uncle is an actual criminal.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I agree with TigerShadow on the above

Last bumped by Shadow on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:33 pm.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: