What do you think happened in Buck's past?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Luke Evans
Caramel Crunch
Location: I'll be back on in five minutes, but if im not, read this message again.

What do you think happened in Buck's past?

I really like Buck, and know how he was introduced with Mr. Scint, his guardian. What do you think happened to his parents, and how might he have found Mr. Scint?

Accordion to my calculations, 1 out of 10 people realized I changed one of my words with an instrument.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok first: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS TOPIC.
Second: As many know I am a huge fan of Buck and all his awesomeness. I've devoted way too much time studying his character and have theorized about this issue many times and have narrowed the possibilities down to my favorite/most likely one:

Buck's father was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. He was in the car as well but suffered no injuries. (A traumatic situation like this would explain why Buck sometimes gets a bit jumpy at strange times: When Mr. Skint wakes him up and he's strangely and suddenly frightened or in Old Tricks Katrina says his name and again he resonds well, suddenly frightened.) After the accident Mr. Skint, a witness to the crash, falls in love with this oddly mature and brilliant 7 year old and takes him in after getting to know him during the death of his father. He goes to live with Skint for about 6 years. During this time, Mr. Skint raises him, embedding knowledge about everything from con artistry to guitar lessons, into his absorbent mind. And well, the rest we know.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I have two theories.
1. There was a fire,and both Bucks parents died. He was two little to remember much. Mr. was a adopted him and took him on the road with him. He taught him all the things he knew.
2. Buck lived kinda "hill-billy" with his parents, till he was around 10. His parents die in a car accident. Mr. Skint is Bucks only remaining relative, a distant cousin, and takes Buck and cares for him.

Great topic by the way! And great theory PennyBasset!
Proud K.R.E Member
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thank you. Yours are great too! The only problem is that Buck said in GRC that his mom died when he was w baby.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Woops, I didn't remember that, so maybe he lived with his dad for several years, before he died!
Proud K.R.E Member
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, probably.
Luke Evans
Caramel Crunch
Location: I'll be back on in five minutes, but if im not, read this message again.

My theory is that Buck's dad was drunk, and got killed from a car crash, Mr. Scint, a traveling con artist for the circus, finds Buck and raises him to be his heir

Accordion to my calculations, 1 out of 10 people realized I changed one of my words with an instrument.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I find it hard to imagine Mr. Skint adopting Buck unless he was getting something from it. Maybe Buck was living homeless in the streets as a kid and stealing things to get by. He stole something from Mr. Skint, and Mr. Skint thought that Buck had a bit of a skill for it, and realizing Buck had no parents, decided to take him in and train him to be his assistant in crime.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Hm, yeah. I like that one. Good point.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

It wouldn't surprise me if Buck's true past was very similar to Oliver Twist, with Mr. Skint similar to [censored].
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Did the team ever come out and say that they were trying to make an Oliver Twist reference with Buck's surname, or did I just make that up in my head?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I'm almost positive they did. I mean, literally in-canon Penny said Mr. Skint looked like [censored]... So it's nearly obvious that is where Buck's last name came from. And Buck came from their money-themed names. BTW, is Buck normally a nickname or an actual name? o_0
xo eht haiasi-
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

It's an actual name. Just not a very common one.