Ryan Cummings

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ryan Cummings

Ok so the other day I looked on Ryan's profile on aiowiki and apparently he has an entire backstory that was only mentioned in the books and I'm kind of going crazy. :mad: Like, Ryan Cummings isn't even his real name! So I don't know if I was the only one who didn't know this but it was still very strange... Has anyone else heard about this?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Hcube7
Vanilla

:?: WHAT? Okay, that makes no sense. I just looked at the article you mentioned. That's just crazy! I have never heard about that! I'm just going to stick with the information I learned from the episodes, not some crazy book or article. :noway:
~Hanna :D
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

There are a lot of shows whose canon includes more than just the episodes. Behind the scenes, books, articles, are all normal gongs to include more information to a show's canon. I've read the kidsboro books, and I consider them to be fully and completely part of the aio canon.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Yeah, it's true, you should read the books!
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I'm reading the books right now and they are really good. Highly recommended. The CCC books are good too.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Hcube7
Vanilla

Does it give any information about WHY his name is changed?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes:
Ryan and his mother were from California. Ryan's dad was an alcoholic and abusive so he and his mother left one night and went to an abuse shelter where the people there set them up with new names and a new life in Odyssey (for their personal protection)
Hcube7
Vanilla

Okay, thank you. :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

That's an incredible story. And in the episodes, Ryan's a nice guy for the clouded past he has.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Right?! It's almost strange how fine he is with everything. I would be interested in going back and listening to the episodes he's in to maybe see some kind of trace of his past that shows in current episodes.

-- Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:39 pm --

Welcome to the soda shop btw
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I know! He'd be like, a real great friend in real life. I like his quote: "Prayer isn't about working or not working. Or winning or losing. Prayer is about a relationship with Jesus. That's what's important. Praying is up to us, but what happens after we pray is up to Him. All I can do is the best I can do. I hope to play well and whether I win or lose, I hope I'm a good witness for Him."
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

:clap: :inlove: I love him so much!
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Ryan Cummings is one of my favorite characters. He has such a great personality on the show, and when you add his backstory, he becomes an even more well-rounded character. I'm so glad they are doing another episode with him. Did they ever do another episode with his friend Jill outside of Kidsboro?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

You know, I don't think they did but the same actor plays Jill and Olivia, so Jill kind of lives on in Olivia. I think Olivia had a crush on Ryan in the Holly Hoopster and in the Kidsborro books there was definitely some romantic stuff going on between Jill and Ryan.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

For a short time I had a crush on Ryan, now that I can look over his character I understand why.
I'm currently excited to hear from him again, it's been too long!
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark