Buck Meltsner Support Group

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Buck Meltsner Support Group

Welcome, Buck fans! Please, share how you feel about Buck Oliver, if you think he should get adopted, ect. And I've studied Buck's character so if ya'll have any questions about him, I'm pleased to answer them!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I like Buck, but I wouldn't say I Love him. He needs time to grow.
Proud K.R.E Member
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Mickey wrote:I like Buck, but I wouldn't say I Love him. He needs time to grow.
Aye. That said, he has the potential to become a truly legendary AIO character.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

True. I think there is much to learn about him and his past. I hope to get more answers in album 63.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

I agree with all of this! I really hope they will tie up the loose end of his relationship with Mr. Skint, and have him become a dedicated Christian. There is so much potential for his character, and I hope they continue to feature him in many of the episodes to come. \:D/
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I think Buck will either become a Christian in Album 62 or 63, as well as getting adopted.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Is it just me, or does it seem like Buck and Katrina aren't really shown together at all? Katrina in general isn't in many episodes (which is fine with me, I never liked her much) but it seems odd that she wouldn't be shown much with Buck since she is the one who really got to know him in GRC. It is nice to see Eugene and Buck bond, though.

Speaking on the subject of this topic actually is, I don't have much to say other than this: I like Buck, hope he will be adopted, and hope we will find out more about his past.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes. I do wish there were more scenes between them because I feel like he would spend more time with her, because they became close in the GRC and (as many people fail to remember) they wrote to each other while Buck was in prison. I like that Eugene and Buck are developing a father, son relationship. And as far as we know they have gone fishing and hiking together. (Eugene said they did in an OAC episode) I would like to see more scenes with him and Katrina since we haven't gotten one since TTTB. I think we will learn a lot more in Old Tricks. (I'm hoping for some nice, slice of life stuff)
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

He is in my fanfiction,[/i] The Campbell County Chronicles[/i].
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Ok guys, I think it's obvious. There's no way AIO can have Buck change like that and not become a Christian later. He's got such a good character, he's bound to adopt the faith. I also think he'll be adopted. If he's not, where would he go? AIO could make an episode about Buck leaving, but he's too great of a character. As NinjaHunter said, he has the potential to become a truly legendary AIO character.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Absalutely. I realized something yesterday! Buck does bad things. He knows what he's doing is wrong but he doesn't understand why yet. Mainly because he's not a Christian yet. Take Old Tricks. When caught, he makes excuses and only apologizes for his wrong doings when he realizes that his actions cost Eugene the job. But he doesn't apologize because he hurt his foster parents or Prof. Elingwood. Simply because he didn't know he did. Oh and I'm super excited for album 62 because there's an episode where Buck is gonna PRETEND TO UNDERSTAND EUGENE AND KATRINA'S FAITH! I'm bouncing off the walls in excitement! That is going to be a fantastic episode. I can tell. I also want Buck and Jules scenes in 62!!! Like oh idk, maybe them going on a little adventure or solving a mystery or something.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Hey, that makes sense; I didn't think of that! I'm so sure he's going to become a Christian that I can't wait til it happens.
K.R.E.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

So I just had another realization about Buck. He thinks Eugene is amazing. He looks up to him, he thinks he's perfect, he knows he's brilliant, and wants to spend as much time as he can with him. He makes this clear when in Old Tricks they're talking about Albert Ellingwood and Buck says, "Is that a problem? Is he like a super professor or something?" He says that because to him Eugene is going to get that job and someone would have to be supernatural to be able to get the job before he does.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:So I just had another realization about Buck. He thinks Eugene is amazing. He looks up to him, he thinks he's perfect, he knows he's brilliant, and wants to spend as much time as he can with him. He makes this clear when in Old Tricks they're talking about Albert Ellingwood and Buck says, "Is that a problem? Is he like a super professor or something?" He says that because to him Eugene is going to get that job and someone would have to be supernatural to be able to get the job before he does.
True, true. I would ask if you think that Buck wants to be just like Eugene but he's not that kind of person. I think when he becomes a Christian though, he'll adopt a lot of Eugene's traits.
K.R.E.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah I was thinking he wants to have some of the same character traits as Eugene. He wants to be a nice person but he keeps messing up and that makes him mad. Then there's Eugene. He's nice to everyone, smart, and always willing to help. I think Buck sees that in him, admires it, and wishes he could have those traits. But without Jesus, he just doesn't know how.

-- Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:53 pm --

Ok guys! I've got another Buck epiphany! So, I was thinking about the relationships Buck has, who he's friends with, and who he looks up to most. And I realized that they were all females. Katrina, Jules, Connie, even Emily. And I think I know why. Because of his relationship with Mr. Skint, I think it's safe to assume that he feels safer around females than males. We see a similar situation with Kelly connecting to Mr. Washington more than Mrs. Washington. But this would especially make sense for Buck, if, like Kelly, his previous guardian was abusive. Even if he wasn't though, Buck was clearly afraid of Mr. Skint and doesn't usually like to talk or think about him as a person, not to be confused with him talking about the things Mr. Skint taught him. I think this is one of the reasons why he doesn't have a very strong connection with Eugene, why he is quick not to trust Dion and Vance, and why he turns to Connie for advice rather than Mr. Whittaker.