Hi, I'm Chris!

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hi, I'm Chris!

Since episode one, Chris's perky welcome invited us to, "get the whole family together, and join us for another Adventure in Odyssey." We often ignore her because then we'd gather our whole family three or four times a day. Chris Anthony is indeed her real name.

Chris first became known as the voice of Barbie. She not only voices Chris, in which role she's interacted with official AIO personnel and various aio characters. She's also, of course, well loved as the equally cheerful Mrs. Randolph.

Chris is perhaps the character who is the must just lovable, despite or perhaps because of being mainly known for introducing the show, rather than featuring in the story. It's all but impossible to imagine another regular host for aio, and I'd like to thank Chris for nearly 30 years of lending her voice and personality.

Any other thoughts on Chris? Do talk it up.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I miss hearing her as much now a days.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Yes! I really miss her doing those funny little sketches at the beginning. :cry:
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Wow PF you really are getting the lesser thought of characters! But this good! I do kinda miss Chris's skits from the older episodes.
Proud K.R.E Member
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Her opening skits were usually funny and occasionally unfunny. It was hard to establish the guest characters in such a short time. They did manage Schnitzelbonker, he's probably the only memorable character. The interactions with pre-established characters she's done lately, at the end of episodes, make more sense. You do miss the old skits time to time, though.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Also they do take too much time.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Chris Anthony Lansdowne is the coolest. Here's a list of a few things you might not know about her:

~Her daughter is a model.
~She hosts a monthly(?) storytime, where Drew Barrymore occasionally shows up.
~She has her own organizing business (Chrissy's Closets)
~She likes Starbucks' Pumpkin Spiced Latte

She's pretty cool. :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

MnM wrote:Yes! I really miss her doing those funny little sketches at the beginning. :cry:
You and me both!
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Baron von Odyssey wrote:
MnM wrote:Yes! I really miss her doing those funny little sketches at the beginning. :cry:
You and me both!
I always thought those were rather annoying. :P And delayed the story. :x
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:
Baron von Odyssey wrote:
You and me both!
I always thought those were rather annoying. :P And delayed the story. :x
I have mixed feelings about them. Some I liked, and others were really awkward and I disliked them..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Helios
Butter Pecan

I liked that one where she got matched to Bruno-what's-his-name. :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Helios wrote:I liked that one where she got matched to Bruno-what's-his-name. :D
I love that one, the episode was Bad Company. And you're referring to Bruno Chainbreaker, who I think deserved more air time. :(
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:
Helios wrote:I liked that one where she got matched to Bruno-what's-his-name. :D
I love that one, the episode was Bad Company. And you're referring to Bruno Chainbreaker, who I think deserved more air time. :(
Yeah, that was totally hilarious. I especially loved the end of the episode where Chris was desperately trying to get away. :lol:
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Hcube7
Vanilla

Belle wrote: I have mixed feelings about them. Some I liked, and others were really awkward and I disliked them..
Same!
~Hanna :D
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I always have remembered just one of the preshows: where the sound guy in the studio leaves a crate to test Chris' nosiness. She fails, and the contents of the container are one inflate-upon-opening raft. This one was on "Curious, Isn't It?" from Album 8.

From what I've heard, the 1970s were dark periods of winemaking as well as culture. A well-to-do friend of mine told me, "1974 was the worst year I've ever had. I would not have bottled that year. Jim Croce can all he wants, but not me." (1974)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)