Jules Kendall

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Jules

YES
59%
Eh who cares?
35%
Nope
6%

Total votes: 17

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I apologize profusely.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Connie talking to and living with her "earlier self" was kind of strange, but I do think Shona did/is doing a great job.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

I just wanna be perfectly honest...
Shona is a great actress, but the character of Jules is synical, selfish, and has a freakishly disturbing personality. She tends to be one of those people you imagine standing over your bed with a cleaver and you just have no idea how she got in.
She's alright, but pretty creepy.
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I love your honesty. I agree.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

I WILL elaborate when the time is right.

-- Fri May 08, 2015 7:48 pm --

And she almost always has this sort of TONE to her voice that Shona almost never gets....
WEIRD! :twisted:
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
shadowjazz.15
Vanilla

I thought that Jules really adds something to odyssey! she is so.. annoying :) to me but at the same time I like her quite much!
I thought she did (Shona) very well in the Ties That Bind!!
-shadowgirl
{always in the shadows}
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Connie talking to and living with her "earlier self" was kind of strange, but I do think Shona did/is doing a great job.
She's similar to Connie, which is cool. But she's not that similar. Connie was merely a bit sarcastic and careless, Jules is actively self destructive. Connie's pain resulted somewhat from a divorce but she had one parent. Neither of Jules's parents are role models who much care. Most importantly, Jules is an atheist who can articulate a clear philosophy on why she thinks Christianity is incorrect. Connie simply didn't care. "I'm not really into God. So it doesn't make much difference to me what he wants." Well argued, Connie. She's kind of a Connie more fundamentally involved in why she is who she is.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I didn't say she was her earlier self; Connie herself did. "You sound just like I did when I first moved here."
"So what would the you now say to the you then?"
Etc. I agree with your analysis; I would also add that Connie responded to the care of those around her (like Whit, Bernard, Tom, etc.), while Jules pretty much doesn't/didn't (as far as I have heard).
Another note -- Whit doesn't have any friends his age anymore who can interact with the kids.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates