Is Mr. Whittaker a thief?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Mr. Whittaker is a complete and total THEIF! He stole that mouse's epic motto, and he stole some Applesauce from Mott's! He's eviler than Dr. Regis Blackgaard! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! (It just wouldn't be a comment by me without my signature evil laugh!)
Interesting theory... LOL!!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Pound Foolish wrote:Whit didn't really make Applesauce but stole it. And he made Whits End because his inventions' send mind control waves into them. The mind control waves are designed to kick in at a carefully chosen date. He fought so hard against Nova Com because they were breaking in on his business. Oh, he's also plotting to blow up the world.
If he were to blow up the world, that would include blowing up himself.
CreativeThinker101 wrote:Mr. Whittaker is a complete and total THEIF! He stole that mouse's epic motto, and he stole some Applesauce from Mott's! He's eviler than Dr. Regis Blackgaard! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! (It just wouldn't be a comment by me without my signature evil laugh!)
The Whisperer:"I'll finally get my hands on Applesauce! Mwahahahaha...*choke* * cough*"
Jason:"You really need to work on that."
The Whisperer:"No kidding."
꿈. 희망. 전진.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

It depends which Mr. Whittaker we are talking about, because JASON is a Whittaker, and a secret agent, spies steal stuff all the time, so the answer is yes, unless it is no, no, it is yes, or is it? of course not, the answer is yes, unless it is no.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

NateVONgreat wrote:of course not, the answer is yes, unless it is no.
Ha ha, that sounds logical.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

NateVONgreat wrote:It depends which Mr. Whittaker we are talking about, because JASON is a Whittaker, and a secret agent, spies steal stuff all the time, so the answer is yes, unless it is no, no, it is yes, or is it? of course not, the answer is yes, unless it is no.
Well, I would assume that if Whit was a secret agent, he may have stolen things just like Jason may have (is there evidence that :jason stole anything?). But if they did, it was probably stealing from someone who had no right to it in the first place, e.g., something the bad guys stole from someone else, or something they are going to use to take over the world etc.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

hmmmmm I think you are on to something.
As soon as I was done typing my previous post, I realized that Whit was also a secret agent, but I was too lazy to re-write my epic. And thus ended my theory.
How ever, we need to find out what year Whit first said his motto, and find out when Chuck E. used it.
So the best I could come up with:
* Chuck E. Cheese's was founded in 1977, however didn't use the motto until it merged with "Showbiz" in 1984. (However not SOLID evidence, other evidence points to 1994 when new logo came out).
* According to a Google search with a filter for the years Hal Smith Voiced, only one page showed up (with the Chuck E. Cheese related content) and it was dated Feb. 1 1990.
(On whitsend.org, in the Podcasts page, I went back to 2012, and I can't find "Boredom Busters" to listen too to get info, it skips from April to July, and searching doesn't find it)
* AIO started in 1987
* I remember it being Hal Smith's voice of Mr. Whittaker saying that, meaning it was between 1987 and 1994.
** However, Since Whits End has been present since the beginning of Odyssey, one can assume that Whit would have said that nearer the start of AIO, I could only trace it as far back as '90.
So we can conclude that his motto WAS stolen, whether it was meant or not, it is not important anymore, because along with Chuck's new CGI logo, he got a new slogan, so he can't sue if he wanted to (or could, I haven't tried to sue a made up soda shop).
(I just heard my sister ask my mom if she can listen to Odyssey :D )

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ameraka wrote:Well, I would assume that if Whit was a secret agent, he may have stolen things just like Jason may have (is there evidence that :jason stole anything?). But if they did, it was probably stealing from someone who had no right to it in the first place, e.g., something the bad guys stole from someone else, or something they are going to use to take over the world etc.
What I got from this and Nate's following post was that Whit may or may not have taken Chuck E. Cheese's slogan because he may have used it at a future date to take over the world. :? :roll:

First off, even if Whit was the second one to use it, the point would basically be null and void, since I'm pretty confident that none of the CEC executives listen to AIO. Let's say for a moment it would be a problem. The two companies could solve it by having Whit and Chuck E. duke it out in a fight to the death for who rightfully owns the slogan. :D

And then this could be the basis for Ameraka's next fan fiction.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

The Old Judge wrote:
Ameraka wrote:Well, I would assume that if Whit was a secret agent, he may have stolen things just like Jason may have (is there evidence that :jason stole anything?). But if they did, it was probably stealing from someone who had no right to it in the first place, e.g., something the bad guys stole from someone else, or something they are going to use to take over the world etc.
What I got from this and Nate's following post was that Whit may or may not have taken Chuck E. Cheese's slogan because he may have used it at a future date to take over the world. :? :roll:

First off, even if Whit was the second one to use it, the point would basically be null and void, since I'm pretty confident that none of the CEC executives listen to AIO. Let's say for a moment it would be a problem. The two companies could solve it by having Whit and Chuck E. duke it out in a fight to the death for who rightfully owns the slogan. :D

And then this could be the basis for Ameraka's next fan fiction.
I am definitely going to write that. {jk} ;)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

What I got from Nate's post is that, Whit DID steal it, and I agree about the CEC guys listening to AIO, but who knows, some of those companies that sue others have a way of finding every single small violation of rights....
Anyway, everyone else that reads this, tell me what you think of my searching and digging!

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Of course he's a thief! I mean to get his own name he stole them right out of the phone book! Now that's what I call stealing! ;) hahaha (hehe just kidding)
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

Well, I found out some more:
Whit first says his motto (an earlier version of it), in "Recollections" that aired in 1988.
BUT, his exact words are:
"A place, where kids of all ages, can just be kids."
So its different but same idea.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ah yes, it's all in the wording. But the meanings are different, too. Whit built Whit's End on the principles that kids could come into his shop to learn, discover, and be creative. Chuck E. Cheese's idea is to have kids come in and play Skee Ball and games of chance like the Wonder Wheel. Then the parents have to fork over $100 bucks just for tokens.

(Not that I'm bashing CEC. I actually won Skee Ball this summer when I went there. It was stupendous. I won with the last ball, got 250 tickets, whatever. :) )
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)