Dr. Regis Blackgaard

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I will now describe what really happened to Dr. Regis Blackgaard before my mental capabilities wear out entirely before I get to bed.

I have shown that Dr. Blackgaard could not have had Ruku virus, that he intended the tunnel as an escape, and that he oversaw every piece of his plot meticulously. Now I will assume that you have heard the Darkness before Dawn album.

Dr. Blackgaard hears the sirens, and realizes that his attempt to get Jason arrested has failed. He heads to the tunnel to enact his plan of escape. He is halted by Jack, and distracts him with the Ruku story. Then, as he detonates the dynamite, he leaps into a crevice, previously mined for that purpose. Jack is blown unconcious, and Blackgaard is forced to carry him outside, so that the police will still be able to believe that Blackgaard was killed and that Jack was spared. Then, Blackgaard uses his means of escape. Whether it was a trapdoor, a mining drill, a noiseless helicopter, a camouflaged tank, or another tunnel to the side we may never know. However, there is certain possibility that he is alive, either a) he is a crippled and humiliated old man b) he heard Jack's message and accepted Christ c) he is manufacturing Ruku virus or d) he has masterminded every plot since his disappearance.

For example, he could have been on the board for Novacom, and manipulated the Chairman. Or, he could have provided Mr. Grote with his resourses.

T.S. (myself)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Very good theories, but you forgot to mention how the imprisoned wood sprites fit in.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

The Old Judge wrote:Very good theories, but you forgot to mention how the imprisoned wood sprites fit in.
Do I hear SARCASM :shock:
Jason
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:I will now describe what really happened to Dr. Regis Blackgaard before my mental capabilities wear out entirely before I get to bed.

I have shown that Dr. Blackgaard could not have had Ruku virus, that he intended the tunnel as an escape, and that he oversaw every piece of his plot meticulously. Now I will assume that you have heard the Darkness before Dawn album.

Dr. Blackgaard hears the sirens, and realizes that his attempt to get Jason arrested has failed. He heads to the tunnel to enact his plan of escape. He is halted by Jack, and distracts him with the Ruku story. Then, as he detonates the dynamite, he leaps into a crevice, previously mined for that purpose. Jack is blown unconcious, and Blackgaard is forced to carry him outside, so that the police will still be able to believe that Blackgaard was killed and that Jack was spared. Then, Blackgaard uses his means of escape. Whether it was a trapdoor, a mining drill, a noiseless helicopter, a camouflaged tank, or another tunnel to the side we may never know. However, there is certain possibility that he is alive, either a) he is a crippled and humiliated old man b) he heard Jack's message and accepted Christ c) he is manufacturing Ruku virus or d) he has masterminded every plot since his disappearance.

For example, he could have been on the board for Novacom, and manipulated the Chairman. Or, he could have provided Mr. Grote with his resourses.

T.S. (myself)

I'm not sure you totally ruled out the possibility of him having the virus. As far as we're concerned the virus may have been untested. Therefore, in theory Blackgaard could have made the vitamin solution without knowing how the actual virus would effect people. And since it being untested no one would think otherwise on why it effected him so quickly. Then when he actually got the virus, the time it took to effect him was more accurate.

Your theories would make an interesting fan fic though. They are interesting. But ultimately evil lost.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Jason wrote:
I'm not sure you totally ruled out the possibility of him having the virus. As far as we're concerned the virus may have been untested. Therefore, in theory Blackgaard could have made the vitamin solution without knowing how the actual virus would effect people. And since it being untested no one would think otherwise on why it effected him so quickly. Then when he actually got the virus, the time it took to effect him was more accurate.
The lab in Rakistani would have tested it, though probably not on humans. They may have not known every detail of the virus, but they did know that it attacked the nervous system, and that it killed quickly. This is why Mustafa wanted it. As for your last argument: Tosha DEVELOPED the virus and she was fooled by Blackgaard. Surely she would recognize so obvious a trick unless the virus acted quickly.

Your theories would make an interesting fan fic though. They are interesting. But ultimately, evil lost.

That is what they were intended for. And, simply making an observation, evil did lose, be it one way or another. If Blackgaard escaped from the tunnel, his evil would catch up to him, and even if he is still alive, he will eventually serve an eternity without God (unless Jack's message got through to him).
Rosy
Cookie Dough

T.S. (myself) wrote: Three, he released the wood fairies to wreak havoc on the world after saving Jack.
Ummm... Wood Fairies? Since when are there wood fairies in Odyssey? Or anywhere, for that matter?
I don't really want Dr. Blackguard to come back. I think he's done that to many times. If they have to bring back an evil person, have it be The Chairman. After all he said he'd be back!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

underseasie wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote: Three, he released the wood fairies to wreak havoc on the world after saving Jack.
Ummm... Wood Fairies? Since when are there wood fairies in Odyssey? Or anywhere, for that matter?
I don't really want Dr. Blackguard to come back. I think he's done that to many times. If they have to bring back an evil person, have it be The Chairman. After all he said he'd be back!
Ah The Chairman not as bad as Dr.B. Though!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

underseasie wrote:

Well, Underseasie, to recap from earlier before you got on this topic, we stated that when Doctor Blackgaard's dynamite went off in the tunnel, it released wood fairies that had been trapped in the tunnel for the last two centuries that helped Jack out of the tunnel while he was unconscious. (It was either that or admitting that Doctor Blackgaard was still alive.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Does anyone know the truth if he had a granddaughter? I had thought they had said something about him not having one. Cause i didn't know that his brother had married someone... :o

I remember in name not a number he said he had one but i thought it was an act.
T.S. (myself) wrote:Almost certainly, it was simply an alibi to look around Tosha's shop. He had no interest in dolls, only in TA-418 and the Ruku. Notice how Blackgaard begins a story about a doll and his sister. This was only a stall to give Mustafa a few seconds to get into position.

T.S. (myself)
Yeah that makes since didnt think he had a granddaugjter
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

gabbygirl17 wrote:Does anyone know the truth if he had a granddaughter? I had thought they had said something about him not having one. Cause i didnt know that his brother had married someone... :o

In A Name, Not a Number he says he does.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

It is true that in a Name not a Number he says he does. But that could have been an act. I don't know for certain if it states it somewhere, but for all we know from Blackgaard's personality he could have been in character. Or lying and wanted the doll for no reason at all.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Almost certainly, it was simply an alibi to look around Tosha's shop. He had no interest in dolls, only in TA-418 and the Ruku. Notice how Blackgaard begins a story about a doll and his sister. This was only a stall to give Mustafa a few seconds to get into position.

T.S. (myself)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I am really not sure if he was lying or not. It makes sense that he was, but it also would have been interesting to see another side of him too. (A side that is a "loving" father and grandfather)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I is affirmed that Dr. Blaackard has a granddaughter, or had. Probably nothing will come out of that though. It is unlikely they will bring her grandaughter back, but there is always a possibility.
Although on the outside Blaackard had no concern about family matters, I'm sure that he still had a heart on the inside. He probably talked to his family frequently, though he probably lied about what and where he was. I'm positive that he had, somewhat of a heart.
But he is dead.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I thought he was lying in that episode personally..
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

OH That's interesting information.... LOL! I'm going with the Wood Fairies! LOL!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

What? Is my theory really that unbelievable? Dr. Blackgaard certainly had the resources, the brains, and the friends to accomplish his escape! However, I would not mind if AiO added the wood fairies into an episode.

T.S.(myself)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

yeah maybe i used to think God helped Jack out
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That is probably what happened.But we are speculating here, and that means we could come up with some rather interesting theories, though all of them may not be true.

T.S. (myself)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yes,Miss Wise, but don't forget that God works through people, no matter how unlikely that person is to be used by God. Sometimes people don't know the impact a simple good deed will do, or that God is the one working through them in that deed.