Why They Believe

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Why They Believe

If you asked an Odyssey character why they are Christian, what would they say?

"Because Jesus saved me." ~Connie

"Well, because the logical evidence suggested- Oh, to the proverbial 'heck' with it. Because I love God." ~Eugene

"Wow, that's a deep one. Let me think... because He led me to Him."~Whit

"Because my mother says he's real. She wouldn't make that up." ~Harlow

"God's everywhere. How could I not find Him?" ~Lucy

"Cuz there's nothing good on TV." ~Jay

"Because God created a logical, orderly universe, I guess. And order doesn't just happen by accident. Order has to be organized. And Jesus was the first one to tell us about Him." ~Emily

"Are you outta your mind?" ~Rodney
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Cryin' Brian Dern - "What? God? Ha!"
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I know that Jack Allen said something in Blackbeard's treasure...
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:If you asked an Odyssey character why they are Christian, what would they say?

"Because Jesus saved me." ~Connie

"Well, because the logical evidence suggested- Oh, to the proverbial 'heck' with it. Because I love God." ~Eugene

"Wow, that's a deep one. Let me think... because He led me to Him."~Whit

"Because my mother says he's real. She wouldn't make that up." ~Harlow

"God's everywhere. How could I not find Him?" ~Lucy

"Cuz there's nothing good on TV." ~Jay

"Because God created a logical, orderly universe, I guess. And order doesn't just happen by accident. Order has to be organized. And Jesus was the first one to tell us about Him." ~Emily

"Are you outta your mind?" ~Rodney

I LOVE THAT!

Camilla: Because I feel Jesus there, I feel him speaking to me, kind of.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

gablerbage8 wrote:Camilla: Because I feel Jesus there, I feel him speaking to me, kind of.
Awww. That is so perfect. Well done. I heard that in dear Camilla's voice.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:
gablerbage8 wrote:Camilla: Because I feel Jesus there, I feel him speaking to me, kind of.
Awww. That is so perfect. Well done. I heard that in dear Camilla's voice.
;) **Blushes** Thank you. I think.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Emily: Just because!
Jay: Ha! dumb question!
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Eugene wouldn't use heck.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Whyever not, Blitz?

Um... this is actually kind of a hard topic, if that makes sense. A few come to mind immediately, however:

Jason: "Well, I guess part of it is how much my faith really keeps me grounded. I mean, when you're lost in the world of spies and espionage, it can be hard not to fall into the traps the Devil has put up for us. But you have to realize that the love of Jesus will overpower everything else.

Barrett: "God? Yeah, I believe in God. It's hard not to. I can just feel him tugging at my heartstrings."

Bernard: "You'd have to be pretty stupid to not to believe in Jesus, I mean, it's as clear as a freshly washed window. I suppose what it boils down to is that Jesus showed us unconditional love during his time on earth, and it's obligation now to show that love to the world. It can be hard to, though when these kids keep knocking over your bucket..."

Bart: "Well, you know, I believe in all that junk just as much as anybodys. I mean, if youse could open up my soul and look inside, you'd see real compassion, and a love for the... well, a love for that Jesus guy everybody talks about. By the way, did I mention the great sale we're havin' over at the Electric Palace? C'mon in folks, cause we're giving away moldy cheese absolutely free! With a $10 purchase."
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wakko
Pistachio

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote: Bart: "Well, you know, I believe in all that junk just as much as anybodys. I mean, if youse could open up my soul and look inside, you'd see real compassion, and a love for the... well, a love for that Jesus guy everybody talks about. By the way, did I mention the great sale we're havin' over at the Electric Palace? C'mon in folks, cause we're giving away moldy cheese absolutely free! With a $10 purchase."
Is Bart a Christian? This is news to me if he is.
500th post! Woohoo!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Eugene, to my knowledge has never used anything remotely as 'vulgar' as heck.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wakko wrote:Is Bart a Christian? This is news to me if he is.
500th post! Woohoo!
As far as we know, they are not. This is just theoretical, what CT has posted. The AIO states, at least once, that with all the wonderful Christian people in Odyssey, they need someone or a family to go against the grain. The Rathbones were the product of that desire. Sadly, he could be a Christian, without that being too far a stretch. There are many, many Christians in the world that are self-centered and antagonistic, and you'd never know they were "Christians" unless you asked them.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)